How To Carry Your Smokes In A Tree

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I did this thread ages ago at AS back when I was a Marlboro Man. I figured I'd resurrect it here just for laffs.

Disclaimer! I quit that horrible shit over a decade ago, and I hope no one here still does it, but...

For those who still love the leaf - you ALL know how hard it is to carry them w/o crushing/soaking them with sweat. I present to you my solution.

Attachments

• smoke 'em005.jpg
    smoke 'em005.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 44
  • smoke 'em 004.jpg
    smoke 'em 004.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 42
  • smoke 'em 001.jpg
    smoke 'em 001.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was getting pissed off.

If you (not in this pic) look, you can see how the pack hangs upside down so all the tobacco doesn't get knocked out from all the banging around.

Attachments

• elm tree 041.jpg
    elm tree 041.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 42
I noticed the upside down... ness earlier, now i understand the reasoning! Very well thought out!

And still one of the coolest tree work pictures ever! You didn't split tail did you, you just used the tail of the rope for your tautline right?

Yes, but ain't nothing wrong with a split-tail. It will make your rope last longer!

Also did you commonly run without a stopper knot? I haven't used the tl all that much, and i know there are some finer points to using it.

:lol: thx boss, ever since Jed said it's been his go to in heavy sap, its had me wondering...

Nice.

I dropped my pack after getting to the top of a redwood...thinking of that smoke the whole way up... then later thinking about that smoke the whole way down...

I started throwing the pack in my hardhat above the suspension...

... I've got 8 years and about 6 weeks... since I've nicotined...

Yesterday I smealt some smoke and thought "shit, do people still smoke?"

I quit cigarettes about the same time as Deva - I still enjoyed the odd cigar but that became less than enjoyable- been a couple of years at least now.
My partner still smokes & I really hate it to say the least. Smoking is probably my biggest regret in life.

Watched an older couple golfing and smoking, she needed a drag immediately before and after her swing, cheeks all sucked in, and he lit lit one smoke off of another. Looked like a higher level of nicotine addiction where it's actually just as important to them as oxygen.

When you quit smoking, then look at someone smoking, you realize how silly it looks.

I've never smoked but I've often wondered how much different all the 2 stroke smoke and diesel smoke really is on our lungs. Cool pic Butch. I still have my older saddles like that. I trust them more than these newer ones. That big old fat leather sewn bridge. You could pull a truck out with those saddles.

Forget the smokes, you should revise that design and make it for mobile phones. Linesmen, construction guys etc would like it as well.

And going by what I've heard about those west coast hipsters if you called it The Loggers Companion you'd be one your way to your second million.

Back