Please Use The Edit Function

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Please do not post consecutively. If you have an afterthought to a submitted post simply hit the edit button and add to your post.

If you make a post and see that the previous post is yours - no problem, just copy it, delete that post and paste it into you previous post.

If you don't want to do that, do what you like - I will combine them myself.

Jimbo is the biggest culprit! :P

It would also be cool if ya'll could edit out that "Sent from Tapatalk" bullshit, but if you don't I will do it for you.

Is this an unreasonable request?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also, when you edit post you don't have to say why, unless you just want to.

Any Samsung tapatalk users know how to edit posts? I can't do anything with my post once it's posted nor can I preview a post like you can on a laptop.

What if an afterthought happens to be a day or week later and you want some input? Editing doesn't put the updated info where new activity shows up.

When in doubt, don't worry about it.

If you can't edit your post, don't worry about it.

Pretty easy, eh!

Also, when you edit post you don't have to say why, unless you just want to.
Right. I never put a "Reason" for editing my posts -- I just edit them. I only did that on the previous one to make a point. It's optional.

See? I just edited this one!

I usually don't just edit a post when a topic is really rocking. I worry that the other people participating may miss my afterthought because it doesn't appear as a new post. I post consecutively at times so what I'm posting doesn't get missed by someone who's actively engaged in the topic but has already read the first post.

If that makes any sense.

And that's why I consecutively post sometimes, too...an afterthought post only takes up some extra electrons as a separate post...right?

The forum does not have a limit on number of posts does it? Sure is simpler to just get in the reply box again, type and hit "post".

It's just as simple to edit the existing post.

Why should one person have 2 or 3 posts in a row? What effect requires that?

The effect I mentioned. So that others participating in a thread at the same time don't miss an afterthought because it doesn't appear as a new post. I don't go back and check threads again for editing, only if a new post appears. That's how I read the forum, when the new posts are gone........so am I!

So, you make a post - hit submit and post.

Then you think of something else that you want to say.

Why does it have to be in a new post?

Answer - it doesn't.

It doesn't. As long as you don't want the people who've already read the unedited post to read what you added. When you edit a post it doesn't put it back onto the 'new posts' screen as far as I'm aware. So someone who's following a conversation as it happens will consistently miss the edited post. Atleast I will.

The effect I mentioned. So that others participating in a thread at the same time don't miss an afterthought because it doesn't appear as a new post. I don't go back and check threads again for editing, only if a new post appears. That's how I read the forum, when the new posts are gone........so am I!

I think like Justin...seems there is a disconnect somewhere.

The "no double posting" rule has been in effect since the early days of newsgroups on the 'net. It's become enshrined in the canon of netiquette. So it's not too surprising to see it being strongly suggested here. Posting multiple times in succession can be viewed as taking over the thread and dominating, instead of waiting for more dialog and exchange of ideas.

(Hope that doesn't come across as preachy -- no one intended to be the target of that; just informational.)

It's really just a matter of scrolling... it's not nice and neat, smooth and slick.

No need to see one post spread out over 2 or 3 in a row.

At least I don't think so.

Almost rhymes!

Back