Best tool to remove last layer from cleared ground?

My old boss had a contract clearing for sewer lines and we did a lot of blasting with gelignite. He was a great bloke but used to drink a bit, things got a bit wild after lunch. Quarter sticks went to half sticks, and half sticks went to full sticks sometimes.

Not many people around in those days but I learned how to get out of the way pretty quick.

I would love to blast shit as a profession. That's why the 4th is my holiday 1/4 sticks for everyone.

Steve tell us about that machine. I love knowing what is out there in the way of equipment.

Edit - look at this remote control tracked mower.
https://youtu.be/HSBLP5a-MMk

Edit of an edit - Robert, you know you're an official part of The House when you've lost control of your own thread. :) (Apologies for the derail.)

Just found that you had put that link up Robert, thanks. Wow 3000 hours of hand crafted, no store bought parts to speak of.

That would be a great xmas gift for Jim. I didn't realize before that it was a model of a harvester. I have met and seen the shops of guys that build working scale models of steam engine trains. That is so interesting.

Back