Happy 4th Of July!

Well I'll wager you're not out lighting off fireworks to three in the morning then.

That would drive me batty.

No, my pets and kids aren't fans, loud bangs lead to bed hogging and tears. There was a time once, but for the moment, I've grown out of that phase :lol:

Fireworks scare my dogs, espescially my oldest mostly deaf fellow. Luckily being Canadian all firework activity is mostly politely contained to reasonable times and only on Canada day and New Years.

Nearly everything above a sparkler used to be illegal here...wish it were still so.

tons of sirens going off...thinking somebody lit a fire...

About to head out and get a nice spot on the Niagara River. Spread out a few blankets, have some snacks and drinks and hang out with family and friends. Bringing a can of Off, hope we don’t need it though. Got some light fireworks too, nothing too big and crazy.

Making some BLTs for the famdamly and then they are going to music on the green. I am debating going. We have some extra kids along for the ride and the volume level might be beyond my tolerance. Other peoples children. Sheesh

Little clicks & pops around here the last few days & nights...few guns going off...just sitting at home in front of the fan being uncomfortably warm...up at 4am for work tomorrow.

Starting to here some bigger explosions now at dusk, but still fairly far away.

We go to the in laws house hang out by the pool, light some 2" shells, eat, drink, and be merry. Happy 4th all y'all even the guys in Canada, I guess eh. :)

This is a photo from several years ago at the Crescent City harbor of northern California. Tonight we're just relaxing at home, but I noticed there is a sunset cam for the harbor, and might glance to see if the fireworks show on it.

Actually, I'm finally getting better after a few day episode similar to a mild head cold. My wife, our younger son and his wife, took our two grandsons to a lake today. I stayed home and got more rest.

Not sure if the big stuff will be in view of this cam, but there's lots of decent citizen's stuff going off in the periphery. LINK > https://www.ccharbor.com/sunset-cam

Attachments

• Harbor_4th_Sample.jpg
    Harbor_4th_Sample.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 19
Best to all of you. Shitty day to be on duty at the FD in dry Eastern Washington. Been a busy evening, not stopping any time soon. Still love my job.

Good Luck. Wishing you a safe night.

We headed up to the Rez up the road and picked up some good fireworks. My ears are ringing a bit. Nothing major. Fountains and sparklers and smoke balls and morning glories. The biggest we bought for aerial stuff were bottle rockets.

Good shows visible from my front yard, over the trees. A 130' tree top view would be spectacular. Maybe next year if not hanging with the kid.

Back