What's next?

Danthetree1

Treehouser
What do my old tree folk do after the ride of a life time? I have been in the nastiest for a while, and I
know it won't last forever. I can't imagine being anything more then being an Arborist forever. These trees made my life.

This is a bit reminiscent of the Age & Climbing thread. Check it out. I plan on staying active for the next 15+ years -- if nothing else as an equipment operator (truck driver, stump grinder, mini skid operator, bucket operator).

I lasted until 58. I coulda gone a few more years but I had to listen to my body. The final straw was my hands getting stove up from too many years gripping for prolonged periods of time. It was time to slow my role.

I'm cool with it. Nowadays I just count the millions I make from having this forum.

uWjwY.gif

I loved climbing and was quite good at it for over 20 years. But by the time I was 40 I could see I was already slowing down. I wasn't willing to quit trees or accept that my best earning years were behind me, so I refinanced my house and bought a bucket truck. That was 13 years ago and I'm getting ready to buy my 4th bucket truck this month.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. Its great talking to y'all. Yesterday told me I had to start thinking about the next step. I should have stayed in bed.

Long story. Our sale guy gave us a work orderwith a bs map on it. No words. The customer gave him a check he cashed it. The customer came back with the work order and had his way with our crew. We cut about a thousand dollars worth for free. So frustrating!

I like rules. A lot of people seem to not like rules but, I like them because they can be used to set very clear boundaries for oneself and others.

Time for a salesman/crew rule.

I think I need a real disconnect for a few days. Hope I can figure it out. Thanks to my tree brothers in arms!

Back