Echo 2511t

That's a CS-271T, from what I gather. Were you meaning to find that? Your keyword in your Amazon link indicates you were looking for a 2511T

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I run .043 3/8 on mine. I haven't found or looked too hard for 1/4 pitch, but I want to. 1/4 .050 is easy to find, but 1/4 .043 is harder and what I want.

:thumbup:

How tough was it to do that conversion, if you don't mind my asking, greengreer? Thanks.

Also, how much for the parts, and where did you get them from? Thanks again.

Tim

Last edited:
I didn't know Stihl made .043 from when I checked around, but I always thought the ms150 had .043, so I thought it weird when I found only .050 for Stihl back when I searched.

The sprocket is an echo part. I can look the number up if anyone wants it. $35 shipped
The bar is from an ms150t and maybe a power pruner too. Chain is Stihl 71pm3.
The only issue is the Stihl bar adjuster holes are to far back. I drilled mine and it works fine and oils well but in hindsight I would have just gotten an extra drive Link in my chain loop and I believe it would fit and function even better.

Tim, I bought the sprocket from performance outdoor equipment in Ohio. Not sure if he has it listed on his website, I just shot him an email.
The bar and chain you can get from your local dealer.
I would say it was around $75 total for me

Drilling the Stihl bar may be a better long term solution unless you spin your own chains. Stihl dealers have standard length chains available for sale but trying to get a chain with one extra link may be a special order at many locations.

Definitely. I think it depends on your dealer. I'm not sure if mine carries the little 1/4p on a spool or just buys loops.
The problem with drilling it is the way the echo oils through the adjuster holes. The Stihl bar already has a path from the adjuster holes to the groove. The way the bars are it would be difficult to get that path on the hole you drill further up. If that makes any sense... That being said mine is oiling fine. Even had to turn the oiler down a fuzz.

I'm converting my ported 2511t to 1/4 .050, and I'll test cut times vs 3/8. The 1/4 sprocket is slightly smaller than the 3/8, so it will have more torque to pull the extra cutters on the same length bar.

You running full size 1/4" or micro mini 1/4" ?

Can see the difference in cutters here.

chain14.jpg

Oregon's chain. I was going to get Stihl, but couldn't find 66dl or whatever size I needed. I was going to go with .043 too, but didn't want to spend $100 on a Sugi bar from a limited selection.

None locally to fondle anywhere -- sold out! I liked the 355T when I handled that one at the tractor store. And could just about buy 2 of them for the price of the Husqy T540. But the T540 was a good one today on the 3 takedowns, just missing dogs!

Back