Echo 2511t

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Echo has a 1/4" part number for their saw. The Stihl 150t and 151t come with 1/4" stock, and you have to search for 3/8 if they still make it.

A556001710 for the 2511t

Does that 1/4 inch Echo fit any 1/4 pitch chain, specifically Stihl. I only run Stihl chain. I dislike sharpening and tightening all the time. The 1/4" Stihl stretches a lot for Stihl, IMO.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have run Oregon, Stihl, and Archer 1/4 chains on that Echo sprocket, but compatibility on bar sprockets is different. Running a modified Stihl bar with Stihl chain will work, and I think Archer's version of the chain works on the Stihl bar too, and doesn't have the safety bumpers making it more like a yellow chain.

DSC04348 (1024x768).jpg

I basically have run Stihl exclusively for 98% of my time, barring the Echo 2511t. Never tried hybrids between brands.

I picked the bar and chain up at the Stihl dealer, I think, but they would have had to order the sprocket. The guy helping me was in his early 20s and had as much experience with parts as a guy in his early 20s.

Sometimes I forget that I've bought necessary things with so many plates spinning on sticks. I just spotted the new bar the other day. I just found 2 brand new rigging ropes in my shop. Cardboard boxes are hard to see through. You have to open the top. ;)

Kinda like free ropes. Great, as my recently new 200' rigging rope is now 110' and 90', somehow. I forgot how I knicked it. Out of the norm for me. Probably under a felled tree.

Back