Echo 2511t

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's just the extra bumper beside the depth gauge like what stihl 1/4 chain has, and it should help reduce vibration.

That extra bumper gets in the way of sharpening. I had to use a flat file vertically on the middle bumper to get a round file to fit.

The saw Mitch modified for me:
<iframe width="704" height="396" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W2xGVLIgvJM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had an idea, you know those little bottles of oil to mix 1 gallon of gas? They are small enough it could be handy to climb with a couple to refill the saw with gas and oil from in the tree. I think one of those little bottles could really hold up to 4oz, the 2511t holds 4.7oz of oil, and 6.4oz gas.

I recently did a side by side comparison with a 193t 16" .043. I could feel a significant lack of power and torque over my Mitch modified 2511t, and it was around 3 seconds slower in 10" ash.

2511 FTW! Modded it is the best trim/small removal saw ever . So light so nimble :love: any power it lacks in big cuts is easily forgot and forgiven.

That about sums it up for me as well, mine is not modded but with the spark arrestor out and the 1/4 chain it’s a dream up the tree.

I was cutting 4-14" Ash into firewood yesterday, and didn't find it justifiable to cut faster by lugging around 20lbs. The 2511 cut plenty fast at no weight. I might as well just have a chainsaw blade sticking out of my fist.

Still love mine.
If you need to gas and oil it up in the tree, get a couple of those little stainless steel drinking flasks, from like REI or someplace, that have the place for a crab on the top screw in cap. Hangs off saddle.
Not necessary with my crew. just lower and refill. Not like it weighs a lot to haul back up.

I've thought about those stainless bottles with a whole in the cap but assumed it would unscrew over time. Have you ever used them for an extended period Stephen?

Have used the Stihl 2cycle oil bottles with a wire or string tied around the neck forever. Am almost out of the earlier version of the bottle that had a sunken groove perfect for attachment. And then more recently I switched to a 16 oz laboratory type bottle for the fuel.

375ml plastic liquor bottles work pretty well. I suggest vodka. It's the most tolerable spirit in a plastic bottle. One each for oil and fuel fit well in the back pockets, and should handle most single trees starting with a full saw. The lids can unscrew on their own, but it shouldn't be an issue for in-tree use.

edit:
BTW, Greetings all, and thanks MasterBlaster!

In my case, I'm just a firewood hack that likes to play arborist on occasion, and I work by myself. If I lower the saw, I'd have to go down after it :^P

I think it depends on how competent of people you work with, and personal preference. I think I'd find t easier to just fuel it myself in the tree and toss the bottle down than to lower, wait, and raise. I like to keep moving.

I think it depends on how competent of people you work with, and personal preference. I think I'd find t easier to just fuel it myself in the tree and toss the bottle down than to lower, wait, and raise. I like to keep moving.

I find that strange, I like the breather, give a break from the madness to assess the job and plan the next phase.

The idea of carrying around extra shizzle to avoid a 2 minute break seems daft.

I used to have an Echo CS 300 top handle and didn’t like others fueling it, because the tanks were the reverse of the usual. Fuel was up by the bar, oil was in the back.
I always send the saw down for fueling, but the little bottles is a good idea I keep in mind if I’m working alone.

Back