Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo 2511t

Default Echo 2511t

I see Echo has a new climbing saw. It looks like it was released last year or earlier based on a video. I'm surprised I haven't heard of it if it's been 2 years. Also looks lighter than the MS150.

Is anybody here using it yet? The only issue I can find so far is the air filter letting a lot of dust through, though one could probably add some felt. I assume it could also use a good muffler mod.

That’s the one August did a vid on, use the search facility.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Love mine and no mods made yet. Took a while to get since they were on back order for a time. And yes, lighter than the 150
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

I've been keenly interested in it since August highlighted it. Would definitely want it modded if it were to replace the 200T for most in-tree duties. It looks to be great for pruning jobs, but when you hit bigger wood down below on a removal, you'd change it out for the 200T for the added power.

Forest Keepers Tree Care - serving Lawrence, Topeka & the greater Kansas City area
    https://www.forestkeepers.com

Guys on over at my place have been switching them to 1/4" for smoother cuts.

Mitch had been opening up big time and selling them to climbers ported and carb work to keep up there too.

Nate sells them stock and orders the 1/4" set ups.

Some stuff saved on them on the website. Most of the modding stuff in in the CR group. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.c...echo-cs-2511t/
    Learn Redneck Chainsaw Repair at ChainsawRepair

Mitch's ported 2511 compared to a stock 355 to show how small the package can be made to cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut4fun View Post
    Guys on over at my place have been switching them to 1/4" for smoother cuts.

Mitch had been opening up big time and selling them to climbers ported and carb work to keep up there too.

Nate sells them stock and orders the 1/4" set ups.

Some stuff saved on them on the website. Most of the modding stuff in in the CR group. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.c...echo-cs-2511t/

Who is Nate?

I'm in the market?

Thanks.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

He has 2 websites with # to call. Ask for Nate the owner. Good guy tell him I sent ya.

Makita Dolmar Echo Jonsered Redmax Scagg etc dealer

new https://www.performanceoutdoorequipment.com/

older better one imo https://performance-outdoor-equipment.myshopify.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poe.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	87363

Has Mitch been doing a full porting job with increased compression, or just the muffler mod? Just so I know what I'm seeing in the video.

If it cuts as well as the 355 when modded, then might as well put that engine in the 355 case with larger tanks for maximum run time (for those who want run time over weight).

He does full mods. I dont know where he was in the stages of it in that video. I know he does the carbs, cylinders, mufflers. Carbs wont flow enough once they been ported I think he was saying. So needed to go in and open them up and drill etc too.

Most folks want the light weight of the 2511 not the weight of the regular sized TH's. If you look at it that way why not just port the 355.