Echo 2511t

Nutball

TreeHouser
I see Echo has a new climbing saw. It looks like it was released last year or earlier based on a video. I'm surprised I haven't heard of it if it's been 2 years. Also looks lighter than the MS150.

Is anybody here using it yet? The only issue I can find so far is the air filter letting a lot of dust through, though one could probably add some felt. I assume it could also use a good muffler mod.

I've been keenly interested in it since August highlighted it. Would definitely want it modded if it were to replace the 200T for most in-tree duties. It looks to be great for pruning jobs, but when you hit bigger wood down below on a removal, you'd change it out for the 200T for the added power.

Guys on over at my place have been switching them to 1/4" for smoother cuts.

Mitch had been opening up big time and selling them to climbers ported and carb work to keep up there too.

Nate sells them stock and orders the 1/4" set ups.

Some stuff saved on them on the website. Most of the modding stuff in in the CR group. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/echo/echo-cs-2511t/

Mitch's ported 2511 compared to a stock 355 to show how small the package can be made to cut.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PAT8IQCpma0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guys on over at my place have been switching them to 1/4" for smoother cuts.

Mitch had been opening up big time and selling them to climbers ported and carb work to keep up there too.

Nate sells them stock and orders the 1/4" set ups.

Some stuff saved on them on the website. Most of the modding stuff in in the CR group. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/echo/echo-cs-2511t/

Who is Nate?

I'm in the market?

Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has Mitch been doing a full porting job with increased compression, or just the muffler mod? Just so I know what I'm seeing in the video.

If it cuts as well as the 355 when modded, then might as well put that engine in the 355 case with larger tanks for maximum run time (for those who want run time over weight).

He does full mods. I dont know where he was in the stages of it in that video. I know he does the carbs, cylinders, mufflers. Carbs wont flow enough once they been ported I think he was saying. So needed to go in and open them up and drill etc too.

Most folks want the light weight of the 2511 not the weight of the regular sized TH's. If you look at it that way why not just port the 355. ;)

I think the 2511 is fixing to get really popular really fast. Anyone have the part numbers for the 1/4 chain conversion?

Can you get a 14" bar with the 1/4" chain conversion or only 10"? I know my 271t sometimes really jumps in deeper cuts eventually jamming the teeth in the wood making it near impossible to cut with. The 1/4" pitch helps that right?

Anyway, it looks like it has 10% more power than the 150 stock, and 20% more (on top of the 10%) with a simple muffler mod.

Hey! Good nod to Nate -- I've bought Scag parts from him before. I knew I recognized the shop name out of Ohio! Very great folks to deal with.

$408 ish out the door. Can't beat it. I run a 3/8 lp .43 gauge 14" bar on mine. You get the 1/4" cut with a 3/8 lp sprocket.

Just picked one of these up yesterday. Ran about a tank of gas through it and it just keeps getting better. I went ahead and added a small hole in the muffler and re- tuned the carbs, and filed some of the chatter out of that Oregon chain they come with (pxl I think).
A friend of mine bought the 355 a few weeks ago and I helped him mod the muffler and the airbox and get a decent tune on it, it's like a totally different saw now. Super quick acceleration and lots more power in the bigger wood. Hard to beat a $350 saw that can cut like a $700 saw with just a few minutes of simple modifications.
I've gotta say I'm impressed with new echo stuff.

I thought the 2511 was a toy for my son the first time I saw it. Not a toy! I don't take the 355 out too much. Both saws are awesome in my book.

Greengreer, what did you do to the airbox on the 355T? I've had one for a couple of years and thinking about opening it up a little.

On the airbox, pull the filter and there's a piece of plastic that just slides out and opens a clear path to the carb. We also removed the cross behinds that but I don't know that it makes much difference.
As for the muffler, take off the deflector and opened up the stock opening with a punch and a hammer, then drilled a 1/4" hole in the bottom of the deflector, right in the bend where it is an open path without melting any plastics.

I looked over one of my new ones just now. The exhaust port is way bigger than I remember on my 271t, so a huge improvement there. I don't know if it's a strato engine, but it is not a clam shell design, so it should be easier to up the compression. I think a hole could be added below the stock exhaust deflector that would allow a straight exit of exhaust from the cylinder. That would be really loud though.

I saw on echotools.com, they list a 1/4" pitch stock model as the 2511 C.

What do I have to do to run the .043 chain as far as sprocket and bar? I saw August using it on a vid with a modded saw and it looked pretty tuff for a 25cc saw.

Back