climbing helmets for small, adult heads

SeanKroll

Treehouser
My new guy has a small head. Kask is too big.

Needs to fit well enough to support muffs and visor.

Thanks.

Me and my small headed ground guy use petzl. We use sena but not visors, not sure how that would work.

Me and my small headed ground guy use petzl. We use sena but not visors, not sure how that would work.
Ditto that. Corey, I was going to ask if we were twins -- or if your crew fell off the same tree? We wear orange Petzls with Sena units, 3M muffs. Our main climber has the Lexan ("bulletproof glass") eye visor that flips down. I am interested in a regular arbor face shield, though. I do enough near the chipper (throwing out chunks) and looking up while rigging (sawdust raining down in my eyes) and just bucking up logs that I roll through safety glasses too fast (scratched/fogged), plus I run so hot I fog them up, so it is less safe to have them on trying to work half blinded.

helmet.jpg

But the Petzls are very adjustable, too -- they fit smaller heads, but scale up to bigger headed folks like me (23" circumference, like my thigh) and our ground guy. Looks like Samurai Joe wears a blue Petzl in August's videos -- don't know his head diameter (but perhaps we could guesstimate based on the scale of a 16" bar on the 200T...)

He looks like he needs some Metamucil! :lol:
That was a 95:95 day (heat/humidity) -- before the rains came later in the afternoon. I'm guessing it's sweat in the eyes making him wince, not that little hackberry branch -- shouldn't be throwing much sawdust up. He doesn't tend to flip down the visor much, unless he's doing an inverted cut (you know, him being inverted, not the saw). Plus, I think he's afraid of the Luke Skywalker X-Wing pilot stigma; the similarity is unavoidable:

starwars-luke-xwingcockpit-2-1024x541.jpg

I am rethinking now, before getting an eye injury. ;)
(That's not a winking emoticon, that's closing one eye and wincing after getting pelted by a wood chunk thrown from the chipper.)

Oh my god, I just noticed he is one handing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stone him.....stone him...........stone him..............!

Ahhhh the never ending controversy of whether a saw designed for one handed use should ever be used one handed. :whine:

I always preferred forestry visors. Easy up and down, nice full face protection for working in thick sh-t. Also can offer some teeth protection and having lost a few fronts that's very important to me.

Oh my god, I just noticed he is one handing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stone him.....stone him...........stone him..............!
Do you use any top handle saws, o dear logger friend? Our 200T does have a full wrap handle and he does use it 2-handed when he needs to power through some bigger wood. But smaller branches he tends to hold with his left hand so he can manipulate them and direct their trajectory.
P1320410.jpg P1320504.jpg

Forestkeepers, do you not recognize irony and sarcasm when you come across it.

Reading my posts is going to be the trail of tears for you if that is the case:lol:

Still a tad new here, feeling out everyone's personalities and backgrounds and what their likes & dislikes are. So I tend to play things straight up -- still sniffing out sarcasm and joking some times, since I'm not in on some of the longstanding in-jokes.

They use this pic in safety seminars, lol.
For what to do or what not to do? OSHA is currently convulsing on the floor, spasming.

For what to do or what not to do? OSHA is currently convulsing on the floor, spasming.

So is Butch.

Another example of shit not to be taken seriously.

As for my post, The fact that I wrote: "Stone him" 3 times should have been a giveaway:lol:

You'll get a feeling for how we roll eventually, we are happy to have you as a member.

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, What you going to do when they come for you?

(Or is it, infamous?)
osha.jpg 37861007001_5598912795001_5598906834001-vs.jpg
^ Psst, they aren't wearing high-viz. Hypocrites!

ruFQmZO.gif

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He tried my ancient Petzl Ecrin Roc from rock climbing days and tree climbing. Fit great for him. I"ll order him a Vent or something.

Back