Friction creator?

I've faced similar issues with mechanicals when descending off a crane. Used to just take a wrap around my feet to add some friction but messed up some expensive boots and started looking for an alternative.

These days, i just pass a bight of rope through my side D or the bridge D on the Tree motion and clip a carabiner on the back side. when loaded, the biner jams against the D and creates enough friction to allow me not to burn up my hitch cord or heat up my mechanicals too much.

I've faced similar issues with mechanicals when descending off a crane. Used to just take a wrap around my feet to add some friction but messed up some expensive boots and started looking for an alternative.

These days, i just pass a bight of rope through my side D or the bridge D on the Tree motion and clip a carabiner on the back side. when loaded, the biner jams against the D and creates enough friction to allow me not to burn up my hitch cord or heat up my mechanicals too much.

Like the F-eight Revolver/ biner system of years gone by, or a carabiner brake. No hockles.

Link or no link, I bet it's a true statement. The tautline hitched has been used for a long long time now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not taking that bet ar all. I love me some toys but I still use a Blake or taughtline on conifers or other trees where I climb on a rigline because I don't want to gum up my good stuff.

Back