Topping and falling

RegC

TreeHouser
A job from this week. Not too long. Nice views. A phone perhaps a little small for watching.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7uptbXTwbd0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Loved it, thanks for posting.

Y'all are a paragon.

Y'all have some tall skinny trees out there. How tall are they? Looks like 100' or more but I may be way off. Here in Florida, it's rare to see a pine tree over 80'-90'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Y'all have some tall skinny trees out there. How tall are they? Looks like 100' or more but I may be way off. Here in Florida, it's rare to see a pine tree over 80'-90'.

There was a couple in the group around 120, but everything else was less. Very rocky terrain in that neighbourhood. A couple miles east and the same age trees are perhaps 30-40% bigger.

The tallest tree I ever climbed for removal was a Tulip poplar in New Jersey in 1983. That was right before I moved to Florida. It was about 120 feet tall and I had an 80 foot drop zone. I spiked up to the first live limb at 60+ feet and dropped the top from there. My 120 foot climbing line left me about 5 feet from the ground when I descended. This was before SRT; we used the ole taut-line hitch, two over, one under. Or was it two under, one over? That was a long time ago. :(

Speaking of all that wood, I'm guessing you are getting rid of it via log truck, do you need a tractor to make some of it more accessible? Or are they going to saw hell out of it and keep for fw?

Cory. The owners dealing with it. Theres no shortage of chainsaws and fireplaces along that street. Ive done a lot work around there.

The one with the big sweep looked interesting, possibly dangerous.

Reg, my friend...that is a fine video. "Money for nothin', and the chicks are free...maybe get a blister on your little finger, maybe get a blister on your thumb" comes to mind :D.

Credit to Mark Knopler ;).

Insane sweep on that one, amazing work as always, and amazing video too!!! Thank you for sharing that, really cool.

Reg, my friend...that is a fine video. "Money for nothin', and the chicks are free...maybe get a blister on your little finger, maybe get a blister on your thumb" comes to mind :D.

Credit to Mark Knopler ;).

Yeah Ive never did like gloves. Thanks all

Is that a day's work for you Reg?

No, we were there 3 days, which also included several trees not on the vid, pruning a big Madrone around the side, and some work for a neighbour. Just me and one other. Lot of chipping. Those poles had to be felled in specific sequence too, to limit their movement on impact.

Back