payroll service

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
maybe a bad question to ask.......are you with holding taxes? 1099 aint an employee. You certainly can find just an accountant to do it for you......but you will need the EIN number, and they will dang for sure follow the rules. A 1099 is a sure way to get an audit

For now I'm just paying him cash. That is no issue for me but it will be for him come April. And I agree that a 1099 is a red flag. I originally was planning on doing that but if I can get him set up on a payroll service and tax withholding then we can avoid that.

I guess I just need a payroll service that will walk me through the steps instead of just leaving me a voicemail listing all the massive paperwork crap they require in order to take me on as a client.

Do you have an accountant that does your taxes or something? Most of them do a payroll thing too, and would be able to set everything up for you for the most part

My accountant does my payroll, WC, and quarterly-paid taxes such as unemployment insurance, worker's comp (State run), SS, as well as my annual taxes.

Back