Tip-tieing

RegC

TreeHouser
Septic field underneath, so, low impact.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_6-ApbaRrmI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nicely done Reg. Always beat a sigh of relief when you have the top bust out, and where you tied the rigging holds. Not to mention just being ready and not get bonked on the noggin.

Nicely done, Reg. Once again watching your vids takes me back to my working days, and really makes me smile. You work in so similar an ecotype to what I did, and we use so many of the same techniques...thanks for the memories :).

Loved that vid, Reg!

I'm subscribed to you on the YouTube machine, so I saw it there first. Thanks for sharing here at TH too!

Loved doing similar when I worked with a chipper winch, something pretty beautiful about floating whole trees/logs right into the chute

Beautiful work as usual Mr. Reg! Tip-tieing whole trees is an indispensable, time saving tool that we frequently use around here.

I love it too, but I don't use it often.
Guessing the tree's weight is the tricky part. It's easy to overweight the rigging gear (and the tying point) when it begins to take a serious angle during the lowering, even if it's safe initially.
Luckily, there's a safety margin on the gear. ;) I surely shewed some of it once or two...:hammer:

Back