Can you get a liability waiver?

Wow, look at that stump log!
I had a similar situation but with a much smaller tree, it was stone dead, bark falling off dead, leaning over a fence and the neighbours above ground pool. They told me it only died recently, yeah, right...
I bid the job but put in a liability waiver clause because it was so unstable...someone else got the job, no longer my worry.
A friend of mine has oaks that have died very quickly. Crown half or mostly dead over one year, then didn't leaf out the next, and bark was already falling off early that year. A branch went through their roof too. They got someone to fell it. I learned how fast one can die. 40+" of solid oak too.

I don't know much about oak diseases, but it seems to be affecting a lot of red oaks in that area more or less.

That's it then. It'll spread from red oak to red oak, and just destroy stuff. Very quick decline.

Any discoloration of the cambium layer? If it hasn't dried out. But yeah it sounds like oak wilt.

Yep, likely oak wilt. I am heading to Michigan in about a week to dispatch 94 of them a friend marked for me before leaf drop. We've been working to contain it in our 35 acre lot for years - a constant battle.

Hah!Yes indeed, it will be a mess. Friend I do crane work with offered an ATV and a log arch if I want to trailer it out for moving wood.
Not likely to do that, as all I have is a 2.3 liter, 4 cyl, 2WD, Ford Ranger, and it has been snowing a bit out there.

Back