In need of some friendly advice.

I'd probably set a heavy line just below the break, take out as much of the brush as I could, notch the tree 90 degrees from the break, leave a thick hinge and pull it over with a tractor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMG_20180526_131123.jpg
IMG_20180526_131147.jpg

Update: completed the job to customers satisfaction in 3 hours using only my saw. Did not need the tractor or chain, as I was undercutting the broken section became weaker and eventually broke off completely on my last cut. I used a lot of the advice given to me by members of this forum. The big wood is to be cut up by the customers nephew for firewood later on. Thank you all for the advice it made this job much simpler and smoother for me to complete.

Wow, man, you hit the ball out of the park! Nicely done, and welcome to the Tree House forum! Great first thread you started here!

Tim

Thanks guys, it was a really good experience overall, lots of luck things happened just right. I look forward to learning a lot more from the members here. Next step forward is to leave my dead end remodeling gig and get back with a decent tree service company in my area.

Lol I would say there's the good and bad of both. A lot more tree guys that can speak English though... ;)

Way to go, Luke! Congrats!

Did the broken part coming down at the end surprise you, or were there some indicators that its fall was immanent?

Thanks! I wasn't surprised at all, it was getting closer and closer with every cut and I knew that with my last one it was definitely coming down. I was a little surprised by the speed at which it hit the ground though. Luckily I was in a good spot to get away

Back