You might be a tree climber if...

Definitely NOT in the "small engine" category, Justin :). But come on down...we can spin the rascal to our heart's delight. And spin it will :D.

Ahh from what I've seen it's to fine of an automobile to let an animal like me behind the wheel. I know how it'd go. It'd be fun as hell but then I'd feel bad afterwards and worried the phone might ring. Lol.

One morning my old Boss, Don Sunstrum, found his D8 on the side of the haul road a few miles from the landing. There was blood all over the winch. He followed the tracks beyond, for 7 more miles, up into the skd roads of a gulch and found where the machine had turned around. Turns out Wilbur Parks borrowed it to pack out a deer he killed up in the gulch, but run out of fuel on the return.

There's a pic of Wilbur in HCTF in 'Sunstrum Falling Crew.' Think I'll tale the D8 out for a spin, Martha.

"we'll drive home backwards"
My dad actually had to do that once. 4 am, just getting off his factory job after pulling a double shift, his 4 speed Datsun was stuck in reverse -- 5 miles from home. He went for it, made it home safely and without any police intervention!

I've gotten to where I can hit the pintle on the chip truck about 8 out of 10 with no spotter. Of course, one practice run mashed the light hookup cover. *sigh* Just keepin' me humble! We are thinking of adding the backup camera to the Garmin GPS system.

Back to the original question

You know you're a tree climber... when this is your idea of carving a turkey:
cutting-turkey-using-chainsaw.jpg
Simply clean out all the bar oil reservoir, fill with basting oil, and you're good to go.
Note that he's even one-handing it!

Of course, this is my idea of carving a turkey with a chainsaw:
turkey.jpg

Why do I think of these things in February?

This one sure is. If it were real, imagine the look on the girl's face after she gets spattered with "bar oil," googles or no goggles!
CARVING.jpg

....if, you have a delicate pattern of little zig zag holes on your knees, and forearms...

Back