Dog Breeds and training

Igor does not give a frig about alpha males, consistency, respect or developed training systems.

If he sees a cat, he is after that bastard, and that is all she wrote.

Attachments

• 4DF61F33-7ED9-4658-8AEE-684E5D4A7ABE.jpg
    4DF61F33-7ED9-4658-8AEE-684E5D4A7ABE.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 24
Well, he is a terrier, what can I say.

He would give a frig about a remote controlled electric shock collar, though.

That I can promise you.

With someone like him, it would probably take 3 tries, zapping him so hard his asshole fell off, and he'd never so much as look at a cat again.

Know what they say about dogs getting like their masters?

I know someone else, who is not too good about giving a frig:D

Well, he is a terrier, what can I say... Know what they say about dogs getting like their masters?...

LOL! Stig, you once again prove that your level of understanding runs deep. Some great posts.

Attachments

• 012 (4) (2016_04_12 16_09_13 UTC).jpg
    012 (4) (2016_04_12 16_09_13 UTC).jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 23
Of course, Sean could always just get a pit bull.
They are such misunderstood, loving animals:lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dHQdPurKHXY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What shocked me about this video is not that the Pitbull unprovokedly tried to chew the leg of a stranger, that is about par for the course.
It was the fact that EVERYBODY, including the dog's handler, were completely in the dark about how to stop the dog.

It is so easy, especially when it is wearing a collar and leash.
Stick your hand into the collar ( from behind, rule # 1 of martial arts, never willingly put your hand in front of an opponent's teeth)

Twist hard............as in HARD!!!!

That will cut off the blood supply to the brain and render the dog unconscious in about 5 seconds.

Then hold for a few seconds more, to make sure the dog is really out of it ( With Pitbulls, hold for 5 minutes!)

When they wake up, they'll be totally confused and out of it.

With a wide collar like the one in the video, better to use the leash and do the " Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes" thing on it.

I've broken up two bad dogfights this way.
Waited till they were locked into each ohther, grabbed both collars and down the went.

First one worked like a charm. When they came to, they were staggering all over the place and figting was the last thing on their minds.
Second one I got my hand chewed up, before getting a grip on the second one of them.

Still got them down, though.

I've seen one better way to do it.
When I worked in Idaho, two cow dogs got into it under an old flatbed wagon.
We couldn't get at them, so eventually one of the guys stuck his .357 under the wagon and fired it into the ground.
Out came two staggering cow dogs, hearing shot to shit, literally.

Wouldn't work too well in a subway I suppose, even in the land of the free guns.

Right, I know that very well, since you've told me dozens of times
It is never the Pitbull's fault.
Just like it is never the ICBM's fault.
Both sure manage to cause a lot of mayhem, being at fault or not.

So what was the point of posting that clipped video?

For all we know she may have kicked that pit in the nuts.

Honestly, Butch.

Do you want me to post 217 others like it.
Would be easy enough, just go to youtube and search: Pitbull+mayhem!

I don't give a flying frig that you think the breed is maligned and it is never their fault, always the owners.

I believe in statistics, and they show approximately a gazillion more attacks on humans and other dogs by Pitbulls than by any other breed.

Why do you think that is?

Come to think of it, it is probably more like 2 gazillion.

If you have a spaniel it’s liable to jump in the water.

A terrier is likely to dig out small animals.

A collie will try to herd anything, even ducklings.

A fighting dog has a propensity to attack.

Fault doesn’t come into it.

Does that mean that you think it is fine to own a dog that has been genetically preprogrammed to attack anything that moves and even some stuff that doesn't?

I can see that shit going over well in the US, where guns never kill people.

Why do you think the Pitbull is outlawed just about anywhere?

http://www.banpitbulls.org/where/where-are-pit-bulls-banned-internationally/

Your terrier will chase cats.
Big deal!

Pitbulls attack people, children ( I don't count children as people, that is why I'm sterilized) dogs, cats, buses, trains, tractors, directors of classical music, hotel owners, politicians and the planet Saturn and it's rings ( Sorry, I just watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_JUBgPHYmY )

Yet Butch will roll out the old trusty " It is not the dog's fault" every time.

No, it is not the dog's fault that some idiotic American bred it to be a mindless killer, but it should still be put down.

Tbf it’s not just the Yanks.

There’s lots of stuff about these dogs attacking and killing guide dogs, which is heartbreaking (and extremely expensive)

I’m not for putting dogs down. Fiddler on here has a rescue Staffy, Otis, of whom I’m very fond.

But, as I say, if you breed a dog for this stuff, don’t be surprised if it does it.

Huge difference between a Staffy and a Pitbull. Not the same thing at all.
There has been a lot of work put into breeding the viciousness out of Staffordshires.

I'm all for putting mad dogs ( and Englishmen, for that matter) down.
Only way to deal with them.

You think somebody can train that dog in the video to be a nice, friendly family dog.
I don't, not unless they use a gun.

The problems for the Staffordshire Bullterrier owners is that in all the countries where Pitbulls are outlawed, Pitbull owners will alway claim that it is not a Pit but a Staffy.
So the cops will have to wait untill it attacks something( which usually doesn't take long) to have it put down.

That really gives Staffys a bad name, wich is totally unwarranted.

MASSIVE EFFING DERAIL!

Sorry Sean.

8OGfcJz.gif

Who's arguing?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iX2_Bx5nSV0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

il_340x270.1106210282_gqqs.jpg

Obviously that is the reason most countries have banned them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So my accountant was supposed to be a very short-term go-between with a rescue squirrel baby. Got left holding the baby squirrel. Could be a good pet, maybe.

How do you keep them from going all squirrel-shit on stuff? There weren't squirrels around the house before when Rupert was around, but I don't know about now.

Lol I used to work with a guy who did rescue squirrels, I guess they are quite fun. Never did hear if/ how they potty trained them tho. I've had the pleasure of owning 3 dogs in my life, a purebred hunting beagle, and two mutt rescues. The rescues were very very shy, but were/ are awesome dogs, and were readily trained. The beagle was bred for generations for a very keen kill instinct, and it behaved accordingly, mainly because we never trained it properly. I've been around dozens of pitbulls who were raised right, and I would have no problem having them around my children. The ones that attack are usually neglected and have absolutely no guidance, and are often left alone for much of the day. As pack animals, they really don't handle it well, and that is where the problem lies, ime. You should look into a Newfoundland, I've wanted one for years, and a friend of mine growing up had one. They drool, shed like crazy, and will get in any body of water they can find, but they are the absolute best dog for kids, and their size alone will deter just about anyone on earth. They are incredibly smart, and have been trained for everything from water rescue (Napoleon himself was saved by one), drafting, traditional scent rescue, and even as service dogs trained to sense seizures and actually strong enough to get someone out of the bathtub, and then clear the airway and push a button for 911. They are apparently the best water dog you can find (They used to swim nets out), and instinctively rescue drowning victims. I would probably have one, but the wife keeps shooting down the idea. I think when the kids are slightly older, I'll surprise them with one :lol:

6b7df8b92e533ff381c12df4036fdb79.jpg

http://www.dogheirs.com/newfoundland-dog-works-snowblower/

If they are raised with or see another squirrel it will never bond with you. If they just see you then you become the parent in their head. You can never really take the squirrel out of them and you can't discipline them. They are best kept in a big cage and handled daily in the cage. You can try to let it live outside but all bets are off on what will happen then. Sometimes they hang around, come and go and sometimes they just disappear.

That's a great shot, Kyle!!!

Back