Indian Clubs

I've come across that arrogance from TKD people, too.
Might have something to do with the fact that they can't fight for shit outside the dojo, and deep inside they probably know.

It is the most sportified of all martial arts, which has made it completely unrealistic.

Takes them about 2 minutes to get going, skip to that and imagine you are in a bar or another crowded place.

That'll work just fine, right:lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wt7EzzsakXo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think most here will agree that I'm something of an asshole, myself.
To be honest, I don't think that is from doing martial arts:lol:

I had to defend the lifters. I've been a gym rat for 30 years but I'll be the first to admit I probably couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag.

I can deadlift 405 with my bare hands if anyone can find a use for that.🤔

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

That is a ridiculous amount of weight. :thumbup:

I know it's a shallow, over 40 sort of thing but it sure feels good to out lift the bros down at the gym. I don't think anyone trains for strength anymore.

Strength is the only reason to train imo.

You could also make a video titled "who can lift more? a bodybuilder or a jujitsu master?" It's also hypothetical question to make a big guy who can't fight feel better about himself even though lifting and fighting are two completely different things. Those youtube comparison videos are retarded. Can a bodybuilder punch harder than a boxer? Considering he doesn't train for it, how could he?
I thought this one was quite telling and giving each some tests that fit their particular training regimen. But I think the "man ups" are very telling as to who actually has functional strength.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YmfgHotmvE4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That sorted the manups from the boyups.

It just goes to prove cross training can be good but it can be hard to beat sport specific exercises.

Bodybuilders don't train for strenght, endurance or fighting ability.

They train for looks.

Just watch them posing in front of the mirror.

Look how differently they did bench presses.
The bodybuilder didn't extend all the way.
Means the exercise is useless for punching.

Same with the pull ups.
Only went half way up.

The last exercise was really telling.
The bodybuilder has LOTS of power, but no coordination.
Being asked to use that power outside of the lines he normally trains, it fails him.

It was GREAT that they kept it so friendly and easy going, I really liked that.

Just watched. Great vid and good accompanying music. Thanks for posting!

Let me say at 50 years old,(nice clubs by the way)I've begun a Taekwondo school and have attained the rank of yellow belt at 5 months training. It is no joke.! I get smoked everyday like it was bootcamp all over. I've suffered one calf injury(audible/tear) from a wheeling side kick that has healed in less than a month. So far I have retained my virgin nose and not lost the first tooth. Just wanted to have a kick ass first post. I've never known just how short i was at 5'8. everyone has a further reach than me. It intimidating to be in reach 5 feet away. Speed and timing I would say beats power or strength of any statue. Predominately the calf muscles wheel you and close the distance.

I would've thought Thor would have been more up your alley. You know, another Great Dane. :D

Never read that or even heard of it.
I'll go talk to my librarian.

Getting books from the library is a great way to get something back from my taxes.
Along with using the social medicine a lot since I've been either trying to die or just getting busted up too much the last two years.