Paypal

I remember my bank telling me one time any amount deposited 10K or more was turned into the feds to be investigated.

A Cash Transaction Record (Commonly called CTR) is filed for any cash transaction $10k or more. It’s not a big deal in general.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well there we go! Without any clear reason, the money hit my account this morning. Over a month later. Thanks you paypal, i guess.

We have had many many bank transfers with greater amounts, right away, no problem. This is paypal that is the problem.

Ahhh, glad to hear it Frans. I would agree paypal probably at issue and avoid like the plague with large sums.

On the point of walking around with large sums of cash not being illegal, it may not be but that doesn't keep the police from taking it away from you in many areas until you can prove it is yours and gained by legal means. Butch had this happen to him if I recall correctly.

Well I have a bud who tried to launder around 700 grand at 10 thou a pop over time .The feds got him .He's an auctioneer and the feds know for a fact they can do a lot of "cash" business .He got out of it but it cost him a bloody fortune and he lost his auctioneers license . If you get in a pizzen match with the US government you're going to lose .

Also: F Facebook Messenger for transferring money...I sent $100 to another user for something on one of the FB marketplace pages, and the dude?s profile defaulted to a closed account. The money left my bank immediately, but was never able to be sent to the recipient. Good luck getting any personalized response from the faceless Facebook.

I would never accept that large of a payment through PP. They have too many issues on the smaller normal amounts.

PayPal? I'll accept ANY amount of money!

Don't believe me? Click the donate button and shoot me 5 or 10 grand.

;)

I lost several transactions from the UK, amounting to a couple hundred $$ US, through Pay Pal, Not that much, but without any resolve. Even after spending hours on line, and on the telephone trying to get a live person to get it fixed. They must make a million every day just by screwing small operators like me. Paypal is the biggest sham on the internet As far as I'm concerned anyway. Others may have had better business with them.

Wow, that's amazing. I've never had the first problem with them. I always use PP to pay online when I can.

I need to knock on some wood!!!

I've had no problem with PP. I've transferred some goodly amounts buying instruments....

My biggest gripe about it all is you can not get a live person online, or on the phone, to resolve an issue.

I had a similar problem with UPS, a great company by the way, but try to get a live person on line, or a phone, to resolve an issue. Forget it. It forces you to give up. It burns me to a crisp. ack!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Funny this topic popped up. I just got an email from them asking me to loan 25 bucks to a cause. They said i have the credit to do so, and they only charge 15% interest.
??????

It's a real thing on my account page too, and I get emails about it. Just kinda weird, I'm not doing it.

Someone once told me the wrong account to send money to, so he called up PayPal quickly and actually got a live person.

Funny thing was, he decided to mail what I bought anyway to make up for the inconvenience, I didn't like what I saw, so I was left with both my money and the product, which I just mailed back without having to fight for a refund.

Back