Paypal

frans

TreeHouser
Just want to give a heads up about this company.
Recently accepted a payment 10k.

Paypal still has not released my funds 30 days later. ALL requirements made by them were met.
They deducted 300$ for 'service' plus charge a transaction fee for any transfers.

Their are many other services that work more honestly than paypal.
USER BEWARE

I had a guy pay with E-check through paypal once. Now that took awhile to clear too. Was just like waiting on a check to clear the bank. Couldnt touch funds till it was all cleared through. Just a idea.

For jobs we are cash or check only. No CC, no PayPal. Keeps life a WHOLE lot simpler and no fees or percentages to worry about.

I've never used Paypal to receive payments for tree work. I've used the Friends & Family feature to send and receive money; no waiting issues that I recall. I do love being able to take credit card payments on the spot with my iPhone. Takes less than a minute and funds are deposited next day. I really REALLY love being able to deposit checks with my phone. I haven't been to the bank in ages.

So far so good with PayPal. When folks were sending me help after my surgery I did have to send some more proof of id before they'd release it, but it certainly didn't take 30 days. Maybe it's the size of the amount?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Check out the web site paypalsucks

There is probably an upper limit to the transaction. Above a certain threshold it could trigger fraud checks.

I had to prove where my money came from when I transferred to Norway. But it wasn't PayPal and no where near 30 days.

I've had overseas payments, small amounts, for books and such, never get to me--- from paypal.

Try as I might, I could never raise the issue with anyone at the Paypal site to get it resolved. Since then I just tell people not to use Paypal.

I honestly think that paypal is geared for the BUYER not the seller. The only advantage of using paypal is the blue button. Far more hassle to enter your card info than to click the blue button when buying something.

For the seller, (every tree service), BUYER BEWARE.
butch i know you say differently but i wonder if you are buying? or selling? Or providing a service?
Again easy to buy on paypal, but look out and beware if you provide a service for compensation.

Butch would like to have you're problems. Unfortunately not many of us are paypaling him $10,000 at a wack.

I hope it all resolves agreeably for you Frans.

OK, two shirts!

19ahcs.jpg

$10,000 is the magic number that triggers financial investigations, you have to prove where it's coming from. Pretty well everywhere.

Good to know!

From here on out, PLEASE make all TreeHouse donations UNDER 10 grand.

Thank you for your cooperation!
1980.gif

Or if you get real pissed off with Butch for some reason.
Just send him 20 grand and watch him try to talk his way out of it with the IRS and Homeland security.

It has been that way a long time, in fact.
When I did my emigration attempt to California in 1988, we had to keep every transaction under 10 grand, so we'd stay out of trouble, since we were in effect, illegal emmigrants.

I think $10k is the limit period for paypal, and someone told me it is illegal to walk around with more than $10k in cash.

Anyway, I've also heard that paypal only backs you up according to the amount of money they recover, so if someone takes the money out of PP and the bank before PP can hold and reverse it, supposedly you end up with nothing.

I've had it randomly do an echeck when I pay with PP using bank funds. It doesn't always do it, but when it does some people wait the whole 3-10 days until it clears before sending what I ordered.

Frans, did you get your money?

Nope. Each time i call they come up with a different excuse. No wait, they ALLOWED me to remove 500 bucks.
The latest thing they wanted was for ME to set up a conference call with the manager of my bank. Lol those fuckers.
I personally believe it is a decision they make to hang on to $ as long as possible to garner interest.

Back