Intermittent fasting

I try to do the intermittent fasting on weekends, mainly liquids broth, tea.. I need food when I'm working. Trying not to have a big meal before bed, rather have a bigger late lunch, then 'graze' in the evening, nuts and stuff

Just after 7pm, fixing to have my first meal of the day. I had a glass of water (~quart) when I got home. Was 1.8lb lighter vs this morning after I drank the water. (Not real weight loss)

If you could do it just the other way around, you'd have better success.

Eat you main meal earlier, before noon.

Right now you are going to bed with food in your belly.

I usually don't eat anything until 6 or 7 in the evening. Sometimes later if it's hot. I got in that habit years ago cutting logs all day. If I ate anything it would only slow me down. I notice it climbing too. I can go all day and be just fine. In the winter I might have something small at lunch. I know it's the opposite of what you're supposed to do but it's what my body likes. I hit the gym every night from 9 30 to 11 30. Then I'm not sleeping on a full stomach even though I sleep best when full.

It is called "break-fast" for a reason. It is a good time to eat. I like the early morning, watching the day come to life, get up around 4 and eat a meal equivalent to most peoples dinner. Protein and lots of vegetables will last a long time and keep you sharp. On work days we eat again when we get home which tends to be around 3 or 4 usually much earlier on weekends. That's it for the day. Make what we eat and basically never eat out unless traveling and must.

Food is a funny thing. It controls us and most people have no idea that it does and no will to do anything about it if they do.

Sometimes when its hot I'll have a protein shake or a V8 on the way to work. I have to force it down though. Just can't eat that time of day. I'm not a morning person though. I could very easily become nocturnal. But that wouldn't be good for tree work.

I have to feed the tapeworm!

I tell my employees that the car don't run without gas. People don't either. They should eat and drink as they see fit, any time.

As such, I expect them to bring 'gas' to work, or at least let me know. Its cheaper for me to feed guys than pay them for less than well-fed effort. Safer means cheaper.

Well all bets are off... Birthday cake was triple layer chocolate ice cream cake with chocolate mousse icing and chocolate shavings... Oh yum, one must give in once in a while... Fasting tomorrow, sort of.

I used to eat all day long, small snacks. Boiled eggs carrots apples sardines nuts bananas apples. this year I started the intermittent fasting , just eat in the evening and I feel way better, so easy too. Crazy but Im not hungry during the day anymore, what amazes me is I get home from work then go on my evening ride, sometimes a 2 hour ride without eating and feel strong.

Supposedly your body stop digesting 8 hours after you eat and starts detox and healing . Whatever it works for me.

I have to feed the tapeworm!...

People that feel compelled to eat non stop are working off a refined carb tuned system. Cravings are not hunger and are controlled by intestinal biota. The human body is capable of so much more. Ten days with nothing but water is not even a big deal.

I'd think for most Americans, and about half of the Danes, a month with nothing but water should not be a big deal. Got plenty of fat to burn.

Sure we do. Be sure to mention the fat thing as soon as you can and as many times as you can!

"Us Americans" love hearing that shit!

I bet I could go longer than that.

Why not enjoy ourselves a little bit though?

You flipping people with your pumpkin seeds and your turmeric enemas.

Here is a helpful tip. Pumpkin pie is just like pumpkin seeds.

Turmeric is in mustard. Have a gawddamn Hot dog!

People that feel compelled to eat non stop are working off a refined carb tuned system. Cravings are not hunger and are controlled by intestinal biota. The human body is capable of so much more. Ten days with nothing but water is not even a big deal.

My stomach is growling now. I could probably run on 4000 calories a day.

I actually try to limit my carbs and eat more fat and protein. I'd prefer an meat and veg omelette and bacon over cereal.

I don't eat as much breakfast as I should. Sometimes I don't eat until lunch, or little snacks until late afternoon lunch.

I've always had a very high metabolism, very low body fat, and have been accused of being a robot from the work I put out. Carb loaded diets end up with energy crashes, frequently. I used to have this, a long time ago.

Once, after a backpacking trip were I wasn't getting enough calories, I ate a large pan pizza, 3/8s of another, a pitcher of beer, and was satisfied, but not really full, over the course of a couple hours.

Sometimes I order two entrees if at a restaurant. I could eat two people's meals most times.

My guess is that 10 days of fasting has a lot of resting involved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You flipping people with your pumpkin seeds and your turmeric enemas.

Here is a helpful tip. Pumpkin pie is just like pumpkin seeds.

Turmeric is in mustard. Have a gawddamn Hot dog!

Ah that was a priceless counterpoint! :drink:!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lots of fascinating posts, I tell ya :drink:

I think so, down 28lb as of this morning.
I haven't been keeping close track via a scale, as I hate being a slave to the scale, but I am down 2 inches (2 belt notches). And that's just shedding the winter weight. Summer is just around the corner -- sweat city! And I'll be back to prime fighting weight, automatically.

I bet I could go longer than that.
I've done 21 days before; could've gone longer at that point. The most amazing thing was the productivity gains -- upwards of 3 hours a day. I had plenty of energy after the first 3-4 days of feelin' it. Didn't hardly miss food for the remainder of the time.

You flipping people with your pumpkin seeds and your turmeric enemas. Here is a helpful tip. Pumpkin pie is just like pumpkin seeds. Turmeric is in mustard. Have a gawddamn Hot dog!
Umm, no. Pumpkin pie will just make you round to match its shape. There's not much that I'm interested in the meat of the pumpkin; the seeds contain the omega 6 fatty acids (anti-cancer), and the prostate health boosters. I have a friend with severe prostate issues and I want to do anything I can to avoid going down that road!

As for turmeric, it's a great natural anti-inflamatory with little to no side effects. I had been taking ibuprofen semi-regularly to try to mitigate some swelling and joint pain, but then I went for my CDL medical card physical. My urine test showed traces of blood in the urine, a known side effect of ibuprofen and other NSAIDs. So no more of that for me, time to go au naturel. Turmeric and simple stretching do wonders to offset and make life more enjoyable!

My wife started doing fasting for dietary, after reading about benefits. I often do it because of a transition. Like most of my life, I ate lunch, brought a sandwich for work, then supper. About 12 years ago, I didn't feel the need for lunch. Then a few years ago I lost 60 pounds, and afterward, I didn't feel much like having breakfast or a noon lunch. I often skip breakfast and eat a meal around 2pm, then a small supper around 6 pm. If I happen to eat breakfast, then I don't get hungry until near supper time. It's less by choice, and more the way I feel. For some reason, I rarely get thirsty anymore. I need to remember to drink.

For some reason, I rarely get thirsty anymore. I need to remember to drink.
It's generally recommend to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water per day -- more due to exertion or if you drink other diuretic beverages. Personally, I drink my bodyweight in oz per day (double that recommendation) -- or more if I am sweating profusely, May-October.

Back