Intermittent fasting

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Seems to be a new dietary rage lately.

I do it frequently when at work- eating only between hours of 4pm to 8pm, approximately.

Anyone else?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never breakfast during the work week and usually no lunch till 4 pm ish

I haven't researched that much about it but it's supposed to stimulate the body in positive ways. I think it is supposed to mimic the evolutionary eating habits of feast or famine rather than having food constantly at the ready as we are able to have it nowadays.

I don't really see any effect on my body from it.

Oh, if you meant for me personally, I've never eaten breakfast before work, rather sleep 5 more minutes. And frequently it's too busy to eat lunch so I eat it after work.

3 squares make 1 round.
My metabolism is such that I don't really crave or need breakfast (tends to just weigh me down & tire me); I just grab a handful of pumpkin seeds and a cup of tea, possibly a piece of fruit. Then I eat something small like a granola bar when others would be eating lunch, but our crew is rolling then so we often don't eat lunch until 2-4 pm or on the ride home. Then a smaller lighter supper at home (usually salad or steamed veggies being the centerpiece, perhaps some grilled chicken or fish). Keeping it light & small and more frequent seems best for my metabolic rate.

What's up with pumpkin seeds?

Yes and no.

If you are busy its easy.

Because it tastes so damn good. X2 when you haven't eaten in 20 hours.

I got rained out today, its 11.30 AM and I've had a huge bowl of oatmeal and cheerios with tumeric and chia seeds. And a dark chocolate bar. 8)

Time for a nap!

Lordy I wish. At least I got a good 10 hours last nite. Now I have tons of paperwork to get done and this dang Treehouse website is slowing me down;)

What does the tumeric do, except for making you shit yellow?

I believe it’s anti-inflammatory, Stig.

For the past 6 weeks I’ve been doing a low carb diet with non-strict but usually intermittent fasting, basically eating one meal a day, perhaps with a snack before or after.

I would literally be hanging out my arse if I didn't eat.

I have a 3 egg omelette before work and a black coffee. Get into Oslo for around 7am wish. The crew I am working with this week have strict breaks, 10am its 30 mins. then 1pm another 30.

I have been eating my salad by the morning break and the afternoon I am about ready to implode, I am that hungry .

Back