Intermittent fasting

Most hard alcohol has no sugar. Your body does treat it as a poison though, and it will change how your food intake is processed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sweet set ups!

If you can throw down, when you walk in, it's all there. :drink:

Attachments

• Crazy HiHat.jpg
    Crazy HiHat.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 36
  • Neal Pert set-up.jpg
    Neal Pert set-up.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 34
I do a lot of fasting.... but i dont call it fasting... i call it not eating or too busy or snack in between here and there...

Same here. Big breakfast and lunch when I'm finished work and dinner about three or four hours before bed.

There's been a bit of talk about sugar here lately and I watched this documentary on tv last week. Pretty interesting, and the Irish these days don't look like the ones I remember.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0k_iZ5HaQwA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I find fasting as foreign a concept as some people might consider lifting weights 3 times a week would be. I'm interested in strength and fitness as opposed to trimming fat off of a soft frame. Different strokes I guess. Health and happiness is the goal no matter how you get there.

I'm down 25+pds this year without a single day of starving errr I mean fasting. That's since Jan 1st so no boomerang effect. Eat healthy and be active has been my secret. I have made zero hard and fast rules about anything, haven't banished any foods from my life.

That’s about the long and the short of it.

Everything in moderation and keep moving.

I cut out carbs and ate almost only protein and veg a few years ago. Not a good idea.

After quite a few trips to doctors and the odd camera up my jacksie, they discovered Diverticular desease.

A condition caused by these modern diets and not enough fibre. Basically, the intestine wall gets small holes in it that heal over. This is due to the stress caused from peristalsis not actually having enough shit to move,
straining the wall of the intestine and possible leading to other, more sinister conditions.

The moral of that one is eat a bit more sensibly and exercise.

I cut out carbs and ate almost only protein and veg a few years ago. Not a good idea.

After quite a few trips to doctors and the odd camera up my jacksie, they discovered Diverticular desease.

A condition caused by these modern diets and not enough fibre. Basically, the intestine wall gets small holes in it that heal over. This is due to the stress caused from peristalsis not actually having enough shit to move,
straining the wall of the intestine and possible leading to other, more sinister conditions.

Rich, can you specify more of what you ate?

Veg are carbs of a different form than pasta, rice, wheat, oats, but still carbs.

Veg should have lots of fiber.

Someone I knew had/ has diverticulitis... Or what not. She let the cow eat the salad for her, way too little fiber, lots of meat.

Eat more figs. During past fig seasons I'd start harvesting enough that they were about all I ate for a week or two till I was sick of eating them, or the hairs on them made my lips and tongue hurt too much. Then I'd blend them into frozen berry and veggie smoothies. They make stuff move fast and comfortably, two terms that generally don't go together.

Rich, can you specify more of what you ate?

Veg are carbs of a different form than pasta, rice, wheat, oats, but still carbs.

Veg should have lots of fiber.

Someone I knew had/ has diverticulitis... Or what not. She let the cow eat the salad for her, way too little fiber, lots of meat.

I was basically just cutting out bread and pasta and rice. Occasionally I would eat carbs but very few. Mostly
I was eating protein in the form of meat and fish and eggs and nuts etc.

I now still eat pretty healthy and still keep the bread intake down, although I do occasionally eat pizza or pasta. I tend to eat a fair bit of rice these days but very few potatoes.

Mankind has been eating grains for at least 22000 years.

Now, all of a sudden, it is something that is bad for you.

Weird!

Obviously eating grain has wiped the human species out long ago, right?

Back