badass bucket truck

SkwerI

Treehouser
I was browsing on Altec's website looking at used bucket trucks and came across this awesome looking truck. Talk about an off road machine! Looks like it can go just about anywhere.
https://www.altec.com/products/available-inventory/used/2008-altec-lrv57rm/

9555567274_1.JPG

9555567274_2.JPG

9555567274_6.JPG

That'd be a great truck, my average speed is 23 mph and radius is 5 miles.

That'd be a great truck, my average speed is 23 mph and radius is 5 miles.

is that an enforced radius. are you strict about it if people call you from outside that range. we have a 12 mile radius and are pretty strict about it. Very seriously thinking about shrinking the radius more but that would cut out a lot of rich people.

Its just what has worked out over time. Lotta guys would start another crew but I'm good with things as they are.

we have a 12 mile radius and are pretty strict about it. Very seriously thinking about shrinking the radius more but that would cut out a lot of rich people.
Man, that must be the life -- our radius is 50 mi or 1 hour, whichever is greater. But in order for us to move the crew & equipment that far, it has to be for a good sized job or we have to be in mid-winter and needy for work. We're not going to travel that far for a $500 pruning job, that's for sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's one I was looking at but it sold before the Altec rep got back with me. 65', material handler, lower boom goes over to 125 degrees (my current truck only goes over to 100 degrees). That means you can set the bucket on the ground next to the truck. Also 4X4 so no more getting stuck on construction sites or back yards and 5 more feet of reach than my current truck. Mileage is a little high but hours are still half of mine. At least I have a visual on what I'm looking for now.
https://webcache.googleusercontent....008-altec-am60e-mh/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

9555841286_1.JPG

Back