Patron Saint of Bore-Cutters

Yeah some of the quotes in posts are getting a bit confusing...
Stigs put his money where his mouth is, whatcha gonna do Murph?

Nope.
A punch in the mouth next time I come over is.
Wanna get in line:lol:

Jeez, Tommy, you self-aggrandizing fool.
Not everything here is about you.

Want to come to Denmark along with the other self aggrandizing fool?
I'm sure we could find room for both of you.

Lighten up a bit, please!:)

Haha ha. It'll be cheaper to get me to Denmark! Although my tree work is fairly poor in this country, can't see it improving much abroad! :lol:

I understand that you were using your guy's saw in this case.

How do you typically sharpen for ash and beech?

Pete, there'd be no reason to ask you to come over unless I needed another faller.
You'd fit right in with the rest of the crew.

Where is the fun in that, apart from the fact that it would be good to work with you.

Sean, standard round file on a Chisel chain.
No exciting secret tecniques, sorry.
I asked Mathias if his saw was sharp and got a " Not quite".
Mine was about half a mile away, so I let lazyness win.

25* from perpendicular to the bar, 0.025 raker offset when new? Heavier offset as the cutters get smaller? More raker offset to start?

I dumped a large alder and had to flush the large branches, not cutting much cross-grain, except the horizontal on the face, and a few bucking cuts. Wondered with all the flare cutting on beech, at least, if you did things differently.

A long time ago I learned NOT to punch anyone in the mouth.

Where are you, Daniel? It seems a road trip is in order!

Hahaha...I only did it once. My fist, his front tooth. Chipped his tooth, screwed up my knuckle. I still have a picture of that swollen, infected knuckle in my senior year.

Hard target, soft weapon / soft target, hard weapon is the way to go.

Elbow as the striking part of your arsenal...my preference. To the two first on Butch's list. Knee or foot, to the last.

Unless you have my walking cane in hand...then the strike target gets wider :D.

Elbow as the striking part of your arsenal...my preference. To the two first on Butch's list. Knee or foot, to the last.

Unless you have my walking cane in hand...then the strike target gets wider :D.

Hope you don't have that in hand for a long, long time to come. How's the other hip?

Solid now, Sean. Thanks. It was lameish for a couple of months after my prosthetic came online and up to strength, but that was probably the whole deal of getting my body back in synch after not having to baby the bad hip.

But guys my age can walk with 1.25x38 inches of aged hickory anywhere without raising an eyebrow from any security detail. Hell, I can even take it on board any train, bus, or commercial airliner, domestic or overseas.

Secret weapon, if you know a few moves :).

Back