Patron Saint of Bore-Cutters

Boys, you can say what you want...within reason :/:
Sean, the way I have my HH set up, even at full stretch laid out sideways I can reach back and get my VT, it's right where I need it.
The addition of a swivel seems to be a thing that either you like it or you don't, I do, but only the dmm ones with the shackles so you don't get any side loading.
My lanyard is also on a swivel, on a second bridge, about the only time my side Ds get used now is on palms or a removal.

Yeah my hitch cord tail is a bit long...just haven't gotten around to cutting it. I tried the push it in the bottom slot thing, then untried it, it's fine where it is, I'm used to it.

Boys, you can say what you want...within reason

OK...just using your own words......even at full stretch laid out sideways I can reach back and get my VT, it's right where I need it.
The addition of a swivel seems to be a thing that either you like it or you don't, I do, but only the dmm ones with the shackles so you don't get any side loading.

It is all in perception...;)

Boys, you can say what you want...within reason :/:
Sean, the way I have my HH set up, even at full stretch laid out sideways I can reach back and get my VT, it's right where I need it.
My lanyard is also on a swivel, on a second bridge, about the only time my side Ds get used now is on palms or a removal.

Yeah my hitch cord tail is a bit long...just haven't gotten around to cutting it. I tried the push it in the bottom slot thing, then untried it, it's fine where it is, I'm used to it.

I put on new hitch cord. I still haven't trimmed the tail.

Does it tend well for rope-walking with a swivel?

Yes, very well. Especially since I switched to 11.5 rope. 11.7 was ok, 11.5 is even better.
People seem to think it will add slack and slop, it doesn't.

OK Stig,
I really appreciate the offer, which I respectfully decline... That's the first time anyone ever invited me to Denmark... You're right ... too fat, old and tired to dance in the woods for a week. Probably wouldn't make it to lunch day 1.... that said, even if I could I wouldn't ... Strange as this may sound: God didn't put me here for the wholesale slaughter of trees.. Did a clearing job for a gas pipeline 15 years back and went to bed feeling bad every night...

And we've been as busy as ever this year.. the cost of a plane ticket is nothing compared to $ lost for not working here .... the bills don't take a day off.... August has calmed down a bit, but I did my share of 60-70 hr weeks this spring... Running the bucket and the stump grinder is easy compared to humping through the woods all day...

But still appreciate it and have a feeling we all would get along much better in person... To that end if anyone wants to come to philly and cut trees for a few days let me know.. No drinking or drugging here... we generally have a pretty good time...

Sorry for the late reply.
Got back late last night , after 50 hours of big tree logging, so I was too beat to start the computer up.

We would have had fun, Daniel, that is for sure.
I've had a good time with all the treehousers that I have visited, We would have had a good time together, too.

Especially if you could have been here this week, we got into some of the largest Ash trees left here and had to do some dicey falling.
We could have had fun one up-ing each other in those.

First day down there, I thought of you and how it would have been impossible for myself to just cut loose and go if the shoe had been on the other foot.
So I did figure you wouldn't take me up on it.

As for wholesale slaughter, the ash trees are rapidly dying out here because of Hymenoscyphus fraxineus, so we are simply getting them to the mill, before they completely lose value.

I'll post a shitload of pictures in the work pics thread. There is one of a triple hinge that may interest you.

Glad you're back Stig, and great reply to Daniel.
As you can see we went on a little trip with this thread while you were away...

I too kill ash trees without remorse these days... cried the day I heard eab had jumped the susquehanna river. I have met some amazing ash trees.. now there is a job to do so keep the saws sharp...

Appreciate the friendly response....

Aren't we always in a group hug here?

XVQl5yP.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A59rhKygEkw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is what we've been doing for 7 months this year.
Cut the last one today.

You can hear August's drone whining on some of his vids.

Stig, really appreciated the fuller picture of your crew's typical felling routine (beyond the initial falling). Falling, limbing, bucking... Smooth action! Lovey video, saturated colors. Thanks much!

Back