Patron Saint of Bore-Cutters

Seems to have gone quiet on the Eastern-Murph front.

Come on Daniel, time to step up and prove you are not just “all cock and no balls!”

Stig has laid down the offer. Take it up. You may learn a thing or two.

Wake up to the sound of chainsaws screaming as the ground shakes with every fallen tree...

I'm sure they have coffee and a bite of breakfast before the fun starts.

Are you packing your suitcase???

Daniel played us for a bunch of fools. He went full on Andy Kaufman and we all fell for it. Well-played, Mr. Murphy... well-played, indeed.

OK Stig,
I really appreciate the offer, which I respectfully decline... That's the first time anyone ever invited me to Denmark... You're right ... too fat, old and tired to dance in the woods for a week. Probably wouldn't make it to lunch day 1.... that said, even if I could I wouldn't ... Strange as this may sound: God didn't put me here for the wholesale slaughter of trees.. Did a clearing job for a gas pipeline 15 years back and went to bed feeling bad every night...

And we've been as busy as ever this year.. the cost of a plane ticket is nothing compared to $ lost for not working here .... the bills don't take a day off.... August has calmed down a bit, but I did my share of 60-70 hr weeks this spring... Running the bucket and the stump grinder is easy compared to humping through the woods all day...

But still appreciate it and have a feeling we all would get along much better in person... To that end if anyone wants to come to philly and cut trees for a few days let me know.. No drinking or drugging here... we generally have a pretty good time...

But still appreciate it and have a feeling we all would get along much better in person... To that end if anyone wants to come to philly and cut trees for a few days let me know.. No drinking or drugging here... we generally have a pretty good time...
I'm planning on taking you up on that someday -- next time I pass through the City of Brotherly Love! We can have a frosty root beer together.

I wanna know if the free ticket offer specifically has a single name attached (Daniel Murphy) or if it goes to the next person standing in line...
I've never been over the pond...

I told my wife last night I might need to go to Denmark to do some logging...she didn't drop the dishes but she did raise her eyebrows...kinda like I must be losing it.:lol:

I'm actually headed to Europe tomorrow, two weeks in France, then a while wandering around. I'd definitely try some Danish logging while I'm over there!

Back