Chainsaw milling agreement

Raj

TreeHouser
Seems the chainsaw milling has been picking up for me. I get many kijiji and Facebook jobs, all of them out of town. I always ask for pics, accurate measurements, type of tree and what boards, live edge only, they are after. I have a decent idea of how long each cut takes on different logs and sizes, including fueling (walking around, setting up, etc etc), and give an estimate (with travel time). I've been using this agreement I send the custy, seems to be working, no issues asking for more if things take more time, or a chain gets wrecked. Thought I would share it, may be get some feedback on anything I've missed.

Estimates are not solid. Milling rate is $xx/hour, and may take longer than an estimate. Many factors such as wood grain, nails/metal, dirt filled pockets, cracks, bark and voids can dull chains and this takes time to sharpen or replace. Many saw mills will refuse a log from a yard. The milling saw uses nearly a litre of fuel mix every 15 minutes of heavy cutting. However, a log can be milled on site, saving the cost of heavy equipment needed to move and transport a log to a saw mill, and you will end up with one of a kind, beautiful wood, with your personal story, and you can't get that any other way!

Back