Spring???

We won't tell anynoe, Mick.

In my youth, when fallers were permanently hired by the forest districts and private forests and lived in company houses with no other heating than wood,
we'd always help out if somebody got hurt or sick and couldn't make their own firewood.
Been many times I've spent a winter weekend with the rest of the crew cutting and splitting firewood for somebody in the same situation I am now ( I had actually almost finished this years firewood when I was injured).
It was a good feeling helping each other out like that and knowing the others would be there for me if shit happened.

That's the way it should be everywhere, Stig Good for you.

We moved recently and the house we're in now has wood, oil and electric heat. So we're covered one way or the other. Damn, I have to buy a saw and start making wood again. Ha! the irony.

Use to be a cheap way to keep the home warm and cozy. F-ing oil companies caught on, and raised the price so much people are freezing to death now. Greedy bastards.

Used to be a lot of oil burned around here.

Before that it was all coal. Coal was dirty and required a lot of maintenence.

People switched to oil by the dozens.

Oil was a little cleaner.....but still took maintenance. Dad had one of his dead ancestors come to him in a daytime vision to check the house.

When he checked the basement, the carburetor had stuck and was spilling oil on the ground....and was on fire.

Everyone is on propane now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:) I knew when I started this thread with that picture there'd be no sympathy from you, Jim. And none deserved, I'll hasten to agree.

I am getting tired of never knowing what cloths to wear: insulated bibs or non-insulated, wind breaker or hoodie or both, arctic garb or not, boots for snow or not.......

The Great Northern Railroad that runs alongside highway 2 was nicknamed the Hi Line.

I think by Jim Hill.

Northern most main line in the West. North equaling "Hi".

Now it's just the name for this northern region of Montana.

Mostly east of the Rocky mountains.

Back