Spring???

Burnham

Woods walker
Well, on the first day of spring M and I had the Jaguar out for a top down drive over to friend's home for a party. Nice sunny day, mid 50's. A fun drive. I'm thinking..."convertible season has arrived!".

Parked it up by the house last night since I was burning a couple of brush piles near it's regular car port yesterday and didn't want any drifting ash or embers on it's cover.

This morning...

Darn.
:D

Attachments

• jag in snow 004.jpg
    jag in snow 004.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 67
Mowed the lawn, rotavated the vegetable patch, tulips coming up.

It?s on its way.

Attachments

• B5F47A84-1E54-4090-AC1F-6D400700DB53.jpg
    B5F47A84-1E54-4090-AC1F-6D400700DB53.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 61
We got 7" of snow this morning.

We have snow here , too.
Pretty miserable excuse for spring.
If I want a bit of spring, I have to go look at my tomatoes, chilies, eggplants and melons under the growing light.
Cheers me right up. P1060104.JPG

I just realized that it is spring here, snow or not.

I just picked the first tick off of one of the dogs.

When you need a dozer to plow the road, you win for worst winter Jim :lol: it snowed last night here too, and although it wasn't much, apparently Illinois just said eff it, and didn't get the interstate done by the time i had to hit the road at 2 am. 45 to 55 mph vs the normal 75 killed my head start, then the wipers stopped working. Checked all the fuses etc, and then i got mad and just grabbed the wipers and shook them out of frustration. Apparently a chunk of ice jammed the gearing somehow, and that fixed it lol. Not a good start to my day to say the least, eff winter.

How close are you to #1 Havre MT, Jim?

Apparently it’s still winter everywhere. I didn’t top 40 degrees here today and the wind has been blowing. It’s just in time for my 3 day backpacking trip.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, Gigi...that's only a small portion of our firewood :). You're seeing maybe a quarter of our three sheds, all full or near to it. We have a lot on hand now, more than usual.

I was thinking the same thing about all of his firewood. 2 cord is a lot for me. 75 here yesterday. Tornadoes this evening and forecast to be 37 in the morning.

I go to 2 times as much as that picture shows in a winter.
Hardwood, that is.

Yesterday I woke up to another 2" of snow. Heavy wet snow that turned to cold rain as the day progressed.
The boys were felling big fir trees in the State forest, that almost made me happy to sit at home with a busted wrist.

Almost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We also use about 2 cords per heating season...over 95% of our home heating is by woodstove.

We always kept about 3 years ahead on firewood in the sheds. That way it was always well cured, and if I ever had to miss a year of putting wood up, it wouldn't be a problem.

Right now we have about a dozen cords on hand. Retirement gives more firewooding time :). But I need to burn some before putting any more up...it'll lose value if we keep it too long.

I missed a year because I was so busy, I?m reduced to scraping around in our woods for some long dead stuff to finish this winter off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 28
Back