yale polydyne, what to make

TreeLackey

Treehouser
I recently aquired a few small pieces of polydyne, just curious about things i can make besides slings.

Dog leashes, saw lanyards, tow slings, donkey slings for dragging muddy logs. It really depends how long they are and what you want to make.

Does polydyne require special splicing instructions because of the polyester jacket and nylon core? I see WesSpur says its spliceable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
according to yale its just a double braid splice. ive got 2 25' pieces of 1/2", 1 35' of 9/16 and 1 40' of 5/8. im going to do a sling in 5/8 and 1/2. The rig and ring is a good idea, i should order some rings.

Be sure to order some mallions too, so when you use it around a spar you can actually retrieve your rope. The mallion goes on the big ring, so when you set it up, you use the mallion if you are on a spar. That way the ring goes flat on the trunk, and the mallion sits the right way. I believe you use a delta one, iirc, I'll have to look. Another gem from Mr. Burnham, from some random thread a long time ago. :)

Be sure to order some mallions too, so when you use it around a spar you can actually retrieve your rope. The mallion goes on the big ring, so when you set it up, you use the mallion if you are on a spar. That way the ring goes flat on the trunk, and the mallion sits the right way. I believe you use a delta one, iirc, I'll have to look. Another gem from Mr. Burnham, from some random thread a long time ago. :)

Thanks, Kyle. I use a pear carabiner, but a screwlink like you mention and Gary posted links to is a good choice.

Back