Velcro Foot Straps for Spikes

I have the Buckingham BuckAlloy Spurs with Velcro Cushion Wrap Pads from memory and love the Velcro foot strap and top Velcro strap. I tighten the foot strap similar to a ratchet strap pulling up and then bringing it down to the side. hope tis makes sense

Just keep the sawdust outta the hook and loop enclosure. I had the velcro wrap pads for years until I moved on to caddies, then the steel shin cups. The last one turned out to be the best for ME.

Been wanting a better upper strap lately. Those ones I linked above don’t last long. Bought a pair of Gecko Velcro lowers with a quick connect buckle, and I’m trying to figure out a way to attach them. The split ring is way too big. So far the throw line seems to work.
946B4A02-EBAF-451A-BB4E-896E77AE115D.jpeg

Hoped for a laugh at the idea of underwear needing a belt.
Try a drawstring :^P

Seriously though, I'm cheap, so when the elastic goes out on the undies, I install a drawstring, and use them for work.

On topic, I've thought about velcro, and don't think I'd like them. Not a fan of velcro anyway, and I like the repeatability of buckle straps. I can put them on exactly the same every time, so there's zero variability in fit.

What got me thinking about velcro, is every time I gear up, I forget something, and end up waddling around like an idiot so I don't have to remove the spurs. The time savings/ease of velcro over buckles isn't a big deal doing it once, but repetition shows it's value. I ended up discarding the idea due to the post above. I just need to work harder at getting my shit together, and being prepared before putting the spurs on.

Back