Stihl versus Husqvarna bar mounts, and adapters

SeanKroll

Treehouser
I've been branching out.

Got a Husky battery saw, and Echo top handle recently, now waiting on a 576XP powerhead to show up.

What do I need to do to run my Stihl bar and chain on a Husky saw? Is it as precise a fit as a Husky or other bar?

Thanks.

Blimey Sean! Flashing the cash a bit.

Tell us how you get on with the Echo, is it a 2511? You going to open it up like August?s?

I bought a shim so I can run my 390xp husky on stihl bars & chain - easier keeping it all the same, so I only have to buy a single reel.

I was always a Stihl man but after they sold those POS 201s and said nothing was wrong with them even after SELLING a fix I decided to try Husky. I honestly think they are better saws, filtration is far superior.

Pitch and gauge determine what chain can run on a bar. Not the brand. You do not need a Stihl bar to run Stihl chain. You only need the correct pitch and gauge. I have run Stihl chain on almost every brand of bar out there as long as it fits the saw and is the same pitch and gauge as the chain I'm running.

The concern in running Stihl bars on a Husqvarna saw is not only the different size bar studs but the location of the oil hole. Please pay close attention to the oil hole location and drill it out if necessary in order to assure the chain gets oil.

I know a guy that makes about any bar adapter you could need. Sean just PM if wanted and I will get his info to get to you.

You can run the D025 bars on the D009 saws with adapters. Most time the oiler holes line up. If not drill a hole where needs be.

I just use these springs, but sort of a pita compared to the ones Mike makes.

Cant remember the video deal here. oh well

https://youtu.be/I6e2gSuEB7Q

one more try

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V7P-jyBgu_Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From what I been told last year of the 576 if things go as planned. So if your wanting one. 572 will be sold in Aug here. 372 for a year with it.

Yep, unless something has changed stihl and husky bars are not interchangeable. Other than that chain length/driver count would be the only difference in chain assuming they are all the same gauge/driver width.

I put a stihl d025 on my poulan d009 with adapter before.

p475stihlbar.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only $975 between the three, Mick, $475 pho for the 576xp almost new (simpleiowaguy on Treebuzz is getting out of the biz, and selling a bunch of climbing and rigging in two
deeply discounted 'lots'), $325 for a new rear- handle battery husky, and Kevin/ Cut4fun's older Echo cs340t.
I was hoping they measured the same between manufacturer's.
Couple thousandths off one direction from one manufacturer and a couple thousandths the other way will add up. I found out when my used ms660 came, unbeknownst to me, with 0.058 gauge, not 0.050. Dang was that cottonwood messing with with me when I put 0.050 on(standard for me, and what I already had).

I cut rings of springs I collected over the years. Fit fine on bolt and bar sit well on them. Easy to replace and hard enough to take the beating.

Even made some from square nuts before. Grinder and drill.

Ha, that's great. I was raised on an apple orchard and even though I like buying shiny new tools there is something very satisfying about being able to make things work with stuff I already have.

I'm upgrading my mill to a 42" bar on the 066 with the plan on upgrading to a 3120. I'll have to keep that trick in the toolbox.

Having a fudge of a time trying to find a 42" bar locally.....

I don't like kids.
As in "Not at all".
Should have put that in capitals:" NOT AT ALL!!!!!!"
Which is why I got my tubes tied at age 23.

I've often wondered how folks put up with the little shits, but then I found out that nature is so wisely made ( Due to the God, who made it, of course;)) that once you have the misfortune to breed, your body secretes a bunch of hormones, that automatically makes you love your off spring and makes you feel that they are way superior to any other kids out there.

I've recently begun to think that the same must be true of people who run Husqvarna saws.

I don't like kids.
As in "Not at all".
Should have put that in capitals:" NOT AT ALL!!!!!!"
Which is why I got my tubes tied at age 23.

I've often wondered how folks put up with the little shits, but then I found out that nature is so wisely made ( Due to the God, who made it, of course;)) that once you have the misfortune to breed, your body secretes a bunch of hormones, that automatically makes you love your off spring and makes you feel that they are way superior to any other kids out there.

I've recently begun to think that the same must be true of people who run Husqvarna saws.

Hahaha.
Some call it denial and its commonly used in all brands of creatures.

Back