How things have changed.

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
I came across this video today.
Sitting at home with a busted wrist gives me plenty of time to try to stave off cabin fever by cruising on Youtube.

It struck me that these people think driving sidecar motorbikes in winter is something that makes you special.

Shit, for the first many years I worked in the woods, I drove a sidecar bike summer and winter.
Didn't buy a car till I turned 30.
Never thought it was something unusual.

Am I turning into an old curmudgeon or are these people wimps trying to pass themself off as something else.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FUkwYk0wYzo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My wife is an office admin manager type thing.

At the moment all the staff are kicking up about the health hazard of sitting down all day (7 hours) and are requesting stand-up desks.

That most of them go outside once an hour for a cigarette seems to have escaped them and their health worries.

Anyway I digress.

Sidecars were much more common when I was younger, once cars became cheaper they disappeared.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll know tuesday if I get by without a bunch of screws and hardware operated in.
In that case 5 weeks.
If they need to operate, I don't know.

Got in the way of a falling Doug fir branch.
Actually 2 of them.
Managed to evade one, second one got me good.

Timing is good, though.
Logging season is about over.

Jeeeez Stig. Seen you injury comments in the other thread last night. Crazy. I guess it could have ended worse. Hope you heal up quick once they mend you again. Loose bones. Yikes.
Everyone suffering stuff, hope you are also mending and staying healthy.

Back