How things have changed!

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
I came across this video today.
Sitting at home with a busted wrist gives me plenty of time to try to stave off cabin fever by cruising on Youtube.

It struck me that these people think driving sidecar motorbikes in winter is something that makes you special.

Shit, for the first many years I worked in the woods, I drove a sidecar bike summer and winter.
Didn't buy a car till I turned 30.
Never thought it was something unusual.

Am I turning into an old curmudgeon or are these people wimps trying to pass themself off as something else.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FUkwYk0wYzo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you kill this thread, please.
Typing with one hand, I made a typo in the headline.
In correcting it I started a new thread, it seems.

So please put this one out of it's misspelled misery.

"Homemade camping stool competition"???? Some strange folks out there. I think, Stig, they are looking for meaning somehow. I ain't joining their group.

You don't want to submit a stool specimen???

:)

602.gif

Tony Robbins teaches a way of looking at things called the Six Human Needs. If you have the first four fulfilled you can have a 'good' life. But, to really accell (sp) at life you must have all six.

Two of them are Significance and Uniqueness. If your a zero in every other way you can walk up to a person with a gun and all of a sudden you are the most significant person in the world to him. Similarly if you can kill or scare more school kids.

Uniqueness, well we all would like to be impressed with ourselves in some way. And hey, if we can get a few other people to believe it along the way, well then we win, right.

Ahhh, yeah if I would have known that I would have quoted him, he does seminars too huh? :) Just kidding.

There is a guy that stepped on a 80 MM mortar booby trap in Vietnam, recovered getting his body all back into working order and brought this body of work together in a book called, Pain Free. His name is Pete Egosque and he refers to them as E-cises or Egosque exercises etc. My wife always chaffs at that when I call a specific one an Egosque exercise and she points out that it came from yoga and is 3000 years old or whatever. I say yeah but, they stole it from him.

Results is what I care about. If Pete is vain enough that he wants to try and get people to call them E-cizes I don't care; I can say it with a bit of a mocking smile.

I fixed that - do you till want me to kill it?

No let it live.
Particularly now when it has taken a weird twist.
I love it when threads do that.

I thought I saw two threads with the same name, one spelled wrong.

Probably the handfull of Oxycontine I eat before bedtime was messing with my head.

Here is another video that reminded me of the other one.

Look how fantastically unique we are, even though we do exactly the same shit as all the other hipsters out there.:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o1Tz4mu78O8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't ride it with a broken wrist.

I have though a lot about buying your Norton, but it is a case of buy that and don't go to California next year.

California wins.

I know I'm harsh when it comes to that kind of pretend stuff.

I hitchhiked the globe for 10 years in my youth, working my way around.

Stupid really, when I could just as easily have bought the big, " getting in touch with my inner man" adventure , "roughing it" while eating grilled lobster and drinking micro brews:

https://vimeo.com/55420992

Mick, I just checked.
There is only one Norton Commando for sale in Denmark right now, and it is almost 1000 euro more expensive than yours.
Yours is old enough to import with no tax.
Want me to list yours for you here, then PM me.

Back