Sycamore removal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Back on this property again. Cut down the one ugly pin oak in the back. Got called back about another in the front yard.

It?s in terrible shape too.

I think it needs to come down, but they are really hoping to save it. So I took out all the deadwood and left everything that looks like it?ll hang on. 1 lead completely came out.

My plan is to look at it again this fall and see if there is anymore dieback and possibly try and shape it up and make it look a little less hideous.( after I recommend removal again).

What do you guys think. The pics are of what I left in the tree. Not what was takin out. ...... yea I know !

2b267ed7df304431cddc06ecd076a803.jpg

4283b19d011cabf9d45cb0de796fcbaf.jpg

eecbf70cfcc91ca1f5bff255dc95b30c.jpg

48c11a8b59ad6566d218f0fbff8cc2e2.jpg

0da93099c74834dca424dcfdc318b64e.jpg

Talk them into planting replacements. That might live a while. They are not in a forest. They have what they have to work with.

How is the soil?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not real sure what the problem on their property is. I know all the trees were transplanted from a tree farm with a large spade truck(I guess you call them that) and both the pin oaks tops broke out of them a while back.

The birch in the front yard has similar wounds on a few of the larger leads.

I was thinking possibly something in the soil or ice damage from several years back, but none of the neighbors trees have any damage. And look nearly flawless. (Also pin oaks).

Something from the transplant perhaps?
Or just some crap trees to begin with.

Both are already some really crispy specimens. Well one now.

Back