wraptor for sale

It is great when we can do things like this inHouse.
Like when my Hobbs went to England to live with Pete.

I agree....cool to be able to work with John to get this.

It just arrived...the packaging was the best I have ever seen. He said the UPS store insisted on doing the packaging (I think because it was a gas engine). They DO know what they are doing.

I took some detailed picts...I'll start experimenting with it over the next few days.

As far as I know, all the Wraptors use chainsaw gas/oil mix...I use Stihl synthetic at 32:1. Will that do the trick?

I found 2 zircs...looks like one for the gearbox and one for the sheave the rope runs over. How often do I grease those? What weight grease? Same as used for a chipper?

THANKS, JOHN!!

I have at least two 50-60 foot rope ascents that this will be a dream to use on. I checked the Rope-Tek site last night and saw Jerry's Wraptor video...there is footage of me riding a Wraptor up the redwood at the West Coast Get Together...first time I have seen that footage.

You can see some good rides here...I am in the purple helmet. I saw Brian-Skwerl, Willy, Ole Monkey, Paul (Wraptor inventor!), Carl-Lumberjack, Nick Arraya, Bodean-Deva, Greg Liu....just too many to name. Jerry did a great job of documenting that event. I got to ride a proto-type up a 230' redwood...Jerry set that up with Greg Liu...a phenomenal event, probably the most notable tree related event I have been to. Sorry...I wax nostalgic.

So now I own one of these magical devices....just damn! :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NMiGEMx-ENU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• wraptor arrival  (1)resized.jpg
    wraptor arrival (1)resized.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 25
  • wraptor arrival  (2)resized.jpg
    wraptor arrival (2)resized.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 26
  • wraptor arrival  (3)resized.jpg
    wraptor arrival (3)resized.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 26
  • wraptor arrival  (4)resized.jpg
    wraptor arrival (4)resized.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 26
  • wraptor arrival  (5)resized.jpg
    wraptor arrival (5)resized.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 26
  • wraptor arrival  (6)resized.jpg
    wraptor arrival (6)resized.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 26
  • wraptor arrival  (7)resized.jpg
    wraptor arrival (7)resized.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 25
  • wraptor arrival  (8)resized.jpg
    wraptor arrival (8)resized.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 25
Maybe one pump per year on the grease zerks. Paul was seriously considering plugging them off because most people will over grease them. I'm sure he will pipe up as well on the matter.

Yup that is one of the first ones sold. John paid me $2000 I believe for one of the demo units on promise of a production unit when it became available. He was wise and kept his demo unit for as long as he could and didn't put wear on his till I sent it. I cant see from the pictures but Im sure that one has a simple rap ring for the TIP, love that. Only thing I would change is put on a CMI lanyard. CMI are a stand up company and knocked it out the field with their lanyard, PM me your address and I will send you one.

Dang, Paul...good info and fine offer. I'll send address. He has used it for sure but it still looks very sound.

Back