Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wraptor for sale

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

It depends on your climbing style.

Sometimes I prefer to bring it up the tree with me instead of pulling it up.

Different strokes, bay-bee!

Mick, someone who has a climber and gear pulling-up machine who wants to same their body over years.

Would you fly a bucket up, then pull gear up?

And someone who wants the groundie, raking, cutting, maintaining, cleaning instead of helping a non-self-sufficient climber.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

If you have a wraptor I can see why you’d take your rigging ropes etc. up.

But if you’re ascending to an anchor point surely just get there as light and less cluttered as you can then haul the gear up on the end of your climbing line.

This whole “saving your body” thing of yours is becoming a bit of a bore if I’m honest Sean. It’s getting a bit like Merle’s Somatics or whatever.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by treebilly View Post
    I?m fighting it. I don?t need one yet. My ascents are below 100?, 99% of the time. That and I can?t do it at this time. My wife would kill me before it arrived. Someday
    You can always tell her that you will have more energy when you get home for "other" activities.

Quote Originally Posted by flushcut View Post
    You can always tell her that you will have more energy when you get home for "other" activities.
    Now that is a good idea! Of course it could work the other way, meaning you’ll definitely never get one.

Mick

Ok. I honestly don't mind your honesty.
    I'm rehabbing it as best I can. I'm not getting younger.
    I have tried to give my liver a rest from nsaids (Vitamin I , you know ibuprofen).

You have any nagging injuries? Seems to be the regular story amongst tree workers.
    I'm screwed if I can't work.
    I've Wraptor-ed to get to work more than once when injured, and once had a employer novice climber set a pulley in the tree to help pull me up on a time-sensitive job, pre-wraptor. What a F-ing waste of time and effort!

If I could hire a good climber I would. I have a sub contractor to call, but he runs his own business on the other side of the mountains, and subs to others.
    Another very competent sub contractor lives goes away, and both want several days if back to back work in order to travel.

All the rest of the climbers I've seen are sub par, spur everything, no throw line skills to safe time /energy/ risk, or good rigging skills. They can cut and chunk with the best of them... If only I wanted a bunch of little pieces to be picked up by a bunch of low-wage grunts.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick! View Post
    Now that is a good idea! Of course it could work the other way, meaning you’ll definitely never get one.
    True!

I do hear you Sean, I’m the only climber and I’m 55 this year, carrying a bit of debt and starting another mortgage for the seaside house.

My continued functioning is key to our end game, ie 7/10 years of good earning (the wife does nicely in her job) then ease up and enjoy the easy life.

I do have a list of things I have changed to try and achieve this.

1. No lifting of heavy stuff, hire an extra guy if the machine can’t get there, I have zero guilt not helping them, it’s what they’re paid for.

2. No working in the pissing rain.

3. No dangerous activities, quads, motorbikes, skiing, fighting (never really did that anyway) generally being drunk anywhere except my armchair.

4. Exercise consists of dog walking and gardening.

5. Pricing with a bit of wriggle room so you’re not still there at 5 desperately trying to get it done in the day. (Easier said than done I know)

Like you, if I could find a climber, I’d hire him, but by reducing the other stuff I have to do, lifting, raking, grinding etc. I reckon I could carry on for a bit longer.

Mick

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

I can add a 6. to that list.
    Try not to get in the way of falling branches.

Heal up Stig. I used your accident as a teaching aid by referencing it to my guys.
    Sorry the raptor just isn’t gonna happen yet unless someone wants to buy it for me.

I sent out a few texts to people I trust who might be interested
    -Rich