wraptor for sale

Congrats Gary. I’m not really in a position to buy it right now anyhow. I could have but quality of life would have to come into the equation. She wouldn’t be happy and that’s the main thing. Enjoy it. I’ll be taking a ride on one soon enough

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
maybe I should keep it...........

just kidding. SOLD

NWlmAqp.gif

:lol:

With regard to fueling, I use my Wrapter seldom enough that I started filling it with that Premix Fuel that lasts a couple of years. Then I don't have to remember and empty the tank and run it out every six weeks or some such.

Anything that we don't run often gets alkylate fuel when it is put away.
That way it'll start right up again.

And I just talked to John...he is shipping it tomorrow. I just wrote the check and it's in the mail...really!:D

I had a 60 foot free ascent today...Pantin-ed up DRT...even with Alex assisting that's a tough climb. My chant as I climbed was "wraptor coming", "wraptor coming".

And I just talked to John...he is shipping it tomorrow. I just wrote the check and it's in the mail...really!:D

I had a 60 foot free ascent today...Pantin-ed up DRT...even with Alex assisting that's a tough climb. My chant as I climbed was "wraptor coming", "wraptor coming".

You'll look forward to 80' ascents once you get the Wraptor!

Gary, Why would you go up one-legged in any case.? You can make a rope walker very cheaply.
Why go up DdRT, rather than SRT for ascent, at least?

Something I didn't realize for a while is that there is a fuel primer bulb hidden, and that you need to squeeze the trigger along with setting the choke, to get full choke, full throttle to start it.

The times I tried to set up SRT it was clunky...not efficient. I have a friend who is very good at it and have been trying to find time to get him to set me up.

I have a HH, ascenders, etc. but haven't gotten them all synced up together yet.

Rope walking is very useful, if even only for 20', mid tree. Worth working it out!! SRT has been a lot easier on my body, for sure.
You have a pantin. What is your other ascender?

I used a piece of spare accessory rope for a foot loop that adjusts on itself with a prussick (like a DdRT system with my foot being the TIP crotch), with some elastic cord double over with multiple overhands tied, forming pockets and doubling the pull. I cut the handle I hadoff a handled ascender and drilled two holes. EZPZ. Its worked well enough that I've not upgraded in the several years I've had it, putting that money into other gear.

If its any help, I'll take a picture.

Even drt, a rope walker is so nice. I just spliced up a foot loop of 3/8 tenex, and then use a non handled ascender, and then a length of small bungee on top of it, with a small carabiner. I went so far as a chest box, so i don't have to use my arms because I'm top heavy. I have an adjustable bridge, so i just stand up on the foot ascenders, slide my rope wrench up by adjusting the bridge out, and then clip the chest box and it's off to the races. Same thing to get back to a normal length climbing system, so that way i don't even need to tie in or even be unweighted for that matter. I can reach my hitch while rope walking, so if i gotta bail (wasps or something) i just undo my foot ascenders and I'm on the way down. The adjustable bridge is nice for drt too, by extending it i can hip thrust without holding weight to tend. On spar work you can set it really small too, and can sit on your climbing system.

When I first started I used a micro frog system with hand ascender panting and instead of a croll I used to clip to one of the holes on my HC which was running a Rope Wrench and VT.

I soon ditched that and got into the ropewalkers and clip to a chest rig. I made my own out of the croll from my old micro frog system I used to ascend only on and then eventually bought a HAAS Velux.

Or get a Raptor... Oh, hang on... ;)

Sure...I'd like to see how you did it. I know I need to take the SRT step...that might help.
IMG_20180317_085811506.jpg

IIRC, Jerry's instructional YouTube video is called DLRW. Possibly posted under the yt user name
Atreestory

I call this system the Good Enough Repurposed RW system...
Aka my wrists and elbows thank me system.

You make a wooden Rope Wrench, lickety split, if you can find a hardwood branch. Somewhere.

Along the way to the modern spliced RW tethers, I had a1/2" diameter branch taped to my thin rope tether in order to make it a stiffy-type RW tethers.

I don't take my HH off my 120' rope, and rarely my RW off my seldom used 250'.

Sliding the non- midline attachable wooden wrench is no big deal.

Let me know what pictures or details you need.

Scheduled to arrive tomorrow between 3:15 and 7:15 per UPS tracking.

I'll let you know when it gets here....got myself scheduled to be here to do the signing...and un-wrapping.:D

Did my check get there yet?

haha...it crossed my mind. But I don't leave life lines in trees overnight. I have a few different ones to try. I assume it will be obvious if a line is Wraptor-friendly or not. I have a few climbing lines I seldom use...a Velocity, a Blaze (I think). I'll try them out first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Scheduled to arrive tomorrow between 3:15 and 7:15 per UPS tracking.

I'll let you know when it gets here....got myself scheduled to be here to do the signing...and un-wrapping.:D

Did my check get there yet?

nope, maybe today

Back