wraptor for sale

Ok. I honestly don't mind your honesty.
I'm rehabbing it as best I can. I'm not getting younger.
I have tried to give my liver a rest from nsaids (Vitamin I , you know ibuprofen).

You have any nagging injuries? Seems to be the regular story amongst tree workers.
I'm screwed if I can't work.
I've Wraptor-ed to get to work more than once when injured, and once had a employer novice climber set a pulley in the tree to help pull me up on a time-sensitive job, pre-wraptor. What a F-ing waste of time and effort!

If I could hire a good climber I would. I have a sub contractor to call, but he runs his own business on the other side of the mountains, and subs to others.
Another very competent sub contractor lives goes away, and both want several days if back to back work in order to travel.

All the rest of the climbers I've seen are sub par, spur everything, no throw line skills to safe time /energy/ risk, or good rigging skills. They can cut and chunk with the best of them... If only I wanted a bunch of little pieces to be picked up by a bunch of low-wage grunts.

I do hear you Sean, I’m the only climber and I’m 55 this year, carrying a bit of debt and starting another mortgage for the seaside house.

My continued functioning is key to our end game, ie 7/10 years of good earning (the wife does nicely in her job) then ease up and enjoy the easy life.

I do have a list of things I have changed to try and achieve this.

1. No lifting of heavy stuff, hire an extra guy if the machine can’t get there, I have zero guilt not helping them, it’s what they’re paid for.

2. No working in the pissing rain.

3. No dangerous activities, quads, motorbikes, skiing, fighting (never really did that anyway) generally being drunk anywhere except my armchair.

4. Exercise consists of dog walking and gardening.

5. Pricing with a bit of wriggle room so you’re not still there at 5 desperately trying to get it done in the day. (Easier said than done I know)

Like you, if I could find a climber, I’d hire him, but by reducing the other stuff I have to do, lifting, raking, grinding etc. I reckon I could carry on for a bit longer.

I can add a 6. to that list.
Try not to get in the way of falling branches.

Heal up Stig. I used your accident as a teaching aid by referencing it to my guys.
Sorry the raptor just isn’t gonna happen yet unless someone wants to buy it for me.

I sent out a few texts to people I trust who might be interested

I know.
I'm just being grumpy.
Just wait a few weeks, then I'll have cabin fever as well and be really fun to be around:lol:

This whole ?saving your body? thing of yours is becoming a bit of a bore if I?m honest Sean. It?s getting a bit like Merle?s Somatics or whatever.

:\: Lordy lordy! Mick is getting bored! Adjust your posts accordingly!:P

I laughed out loud when I read it.

And I loved the fact Sean didn't care and took it in stride.

That's what I'm talking about.

People talking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rich... I held off as long as I could. I waited for you to take the dangerous step of trying to talk your wife into it. Probably a good survival step that you did not. :D.

I don't do that many Big Trees and may not use it that much. I'll keep you in mind down the road if I decide to sell it. Assuming someone else has not already bought it and I don't know that yet.:/:

My pinkie is swollen and stiff, with no strength to speak of. I don't know why. It will probably be fine. Happy to have the Wraptor today, pulling up me and the MS461 to chunk down a fir.

Good move, Gary. There are a few tricks to make it faster and easier, that will probably become apparent.

Controlled speedlining to get it throw a thick crown.

Be careful of getting the rope near the carb.

Start the the Kill Switch off:lol:

I don't fill mine with fuel. Its hardly uses any. Maybe half a tank. Sips fuel.

Remember, for ascent only, no working off it;):lol:

A solid line launcher/ skills is imperative to making the Wraptor work well. As without the Wraptor, setting a line from the high point of one tree, horizontally into one nearby, is a great way to get a TIP established with a throwline and weight.

Thanks, Sean...I'm sure I'll be soliciting advice...ONCE I really have it. I need John to chime in here...hope he is out there saving lives...and not selling "my" wraptor! :D

Ha! Good news. I just talked to John (No_Bivy). Looks like I WILL be getting a Wraptor. He'll be getting it ready to ship (de-gas, air it out, etc.) and might get to ship it Friday...he is in the middle of school madness right now.

Anybody know the intricacies of shipping gas engines via UPS or FedEx...I assume you just empty it, let it air out enough to dry, maybe double bag it in trash bags and then ship it????

I have shipped a chainsaw UPS. All I did was empty the fuel and oil out, took the bar and chain off, wrapped it in a double layer of heavy duty plastic bags taped up snugly. No issues.

Back