Air in hydraulic oil on Vermeer BC625A

Rooted

Treehouser
Has anyone had trouble with air bubbles entering hydraulic reservoir causing it to overflow through cap vent? Last year I bought this 2004 BC625A and have had no troubles until recently I was operating it and noticed it was overflowing through the cap. I changed the oil and filter and no luck. It does not appear to be sucking air anywhere in the line from the tank to the pump. I?m not having much luck getting information about this machine or finding parts, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had that happen to me once on my BC 1400 it was a bad seal on the pump. Replaced the pump and all was good. It didn't leak either just sucked in air.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I replaced the hose from tank to pump on the pick up side and checked all the fittings, also inspected the pick up tube inside the tank. Pump is the next suspect, do you usually get parts from a Vermeer dealer or is there better (cheaper) options?

I replaced the hose from tank to pump on the pick up side and checked all the fittings, also inspected the pick up tube inside the tank. Pump is the next suspect, do you usually get parts from a Vermeer dealer or is there better (cheaper) options?

It depends on the part and how bad it's needed. More than likely your pump can be rebuilt and it will probably be some stupid oring that cost a $1.25 but needs six hours labor to get to it.

And I’m pretty sure those pumps aren’t made by Vermeer so one should be able to find a replacement somewhere. We’ve done that with a lot of parts because the dealer seems to always need 3 weeks to get something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Vermeer dealer quoted me $508 for new pump with part #113879001 but could not find rebuild kit for it, or the manufacturer. I’m going to pull it off and tear it apart, hopefully it is just an o-ring or seal. It works fine and isn’t making excessive noise but is getting air into the system somehow. Maybe when I get it off I’ll find a manufacturer or some helpful numbers. Don’t have to have it right now, but the sooner the better, don’t want to buy a new pump unless I have to. Hopefully I figure it out this weekend, thanks for the information.

$508 isn't a horrible price.
My pump that went bad was sucking air around the output shaft and was barely measurable .002" the shaft was shot not a seal. So I replaced the pump.

Should be able to take it to a hydraulic shop, they'd figure the parts out easily. Not around my area though....

Back