Vermont is IN ! EAB positive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll be quite sad to see the species go ... Love Ash , instantly burnable wood to survive , Baseball Bats , Baskets

On all four sides of us for years , people have been purple platstic trapping for years. Guess they finally got one.

Mostly all White Ash here but I have suspected there are some Green Ash mixed in. Sometimes by the water some Black Ash which are THE prized basket maker. American Injuns soaked it and peels and plys right off on the annual rings.

I'll be quite sad to see the species go ... Love Ash , instantly burnable wood to survive , Baseball Bats , Baskets

Funny you should say that. The family and I were in Louisville KY at the factory getting a tour and I asked the tour guide if the Co. was nervous about the ash bore and he said no "the wood comes from New England". He probably had no clue.

They buy an especially high grade of White Ash with tight growth rings , quite a bit of it from Western NY. My guess is they are stockpiling. ( The one time I was seeing the Grateful Dead in Louisville damn if it wasn't a Sunday and we couldn't tour the factory )

You didn't miss much. Nice part of the city tho. If you have kids there is one of those hands on science centers just down the block.

I have a few nice ash trees I should harvest before they are crap. I checked the price and it is $5-600/1000 on New York state report.

Thought about stockpiling some myself. I know it gets powder post in the firewood if you store it for a few years. Stig?

Statements just released , it wasn't one of the purple traps. Private Forrester found an infestation , now documented. Entire species here now officially doomed.

^yep doomed! Damn near gone in my neck of the woods aside for the few that have been treated but I suspect it won't be long before those are gone as well.

Dutch Elm just poked its head up in New Zealand again...in Auckland.
Gawd I hope it never makes it to Tasmania, our village would be a disaster. Load of Ash here as well...and LOTS of Asian imports, including tourists.

Back