Buddy's Outdoor Thread/pictures

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And BEARS!!!

I've found several bears denned up in the past, none this year. I was falling trees one winter and was just about to put the face in a spruce tree when a bear stuck his head out of a hole he had dug under it, right between my legs! I left his tree alone but worked close to him the rest of the day. He never did come out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you a believer Gerry? I won’t say he doesn’t exist but I have never seen any squatch sign around here.

Well to me a cougar is a cat. So suit yourself. I seem to recall you having a phobia of death from above by mountain lion(cougar) attack? But maybe it's just bears?

As a Canadian neither is worrisome to me. :D

It's not so much death as it is being eaten alive.

That and being buried alive is a pet peeve fear of mine.

I plan to avoid BOTH as best as I can.

Going through safety training (again...) and let me tell you Butch, being buried alive is probably worse than you imagine... They had this video of this one guy, trench cave in, killed him and another guy, but they were able to bring him back... Had dirt packed down his throat, and the backhoe operator didn't hit him attempting to dig him out, and the guys didn't cut him to shreds either hand digging. Incredibly lucky.

No thanks on buried alive. Also big cats bother me. Sharp and pointy on five ends, faster than me, and pound for pound much stronger. Honestly they scare the hell outta me. Walk softly and carry a “boom” stick

Take that house at at 10-15 lbs and turn it into a cute 100-200lbs. Even a bobcat at 35lbs will really ruin your day. Nothing but raw power in them damn hell spawns

My feelings about Big Foot is it's been the latest greatest hoax played out in practically every continent of the world since early man could imagine. Today there's Big Foot museums all through the northwest, and souvenirs galore.

Back in the late 50s, in Crescent City, someone made a cast of a big footprint, and it made the front page of the newspaper, and then it was put on display in a store front downtown, and people from all over came to look at it, including me, about 10 years old gazing mouth wide open in wonder. It put the fear into me to walk through the woods alone after that. Just imagine!!

I often wonder about a big cats "love bites" they do... My little one damn near brings blood, I can't imagine being around something that can literally just rip you in half. Lol when my wife and I were dating we went to the zoo in Naples, fl, and they had a man eating tiger. He just stared at me, and I have never felt like I was food so much in my life lol

20130613_154437.jpg

He was seriously just tracking me with his eyes, and I'm sure he was thinking "you would be a nice snack, right fat content...". It's weird to be considered a Twinkie hahahaha

Back