QTRA course...

I'm planning on this... the classes are rare and spread across the west coast... but I believe it's a good class too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Deva did you see the tree failure based two day class coming to Redwood City? Looked like it might be pretty good info.

Nab. I'm just looking for traq... cert...

It's pretty weird to me.... based on probability of failure... maybe, maybe kinda.. more likely maybe potentially hopefully not...

I really like the TRACE and 1-12 system... even if ordinal and nominal numbers don't mix.

Not only do they not mix, the numbers don't compute either.

I've read a lot of TRAQ reports that were really not defendable.

TRAQ...sounds like hemming and hawing to me.

I like to hear about objective numbers quantifying variables that pertain to health and stability...leading to an informed objective decision based on fact and reason...

That's just me though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you go on the QTRA website, you can have a read of the practice notes, I think they are available for the public...might give you some more insight to this system.
I have to say though it became more understandable and logical during the actual course and fieldwork.

Thats the common complaint, my own as well. Fair amount of dough to learn how to fill in a form and use their matrices. Good book to own as a resource though.

Hey, JD, any chance you could name the title of the book, or better yet, provide a link to a place it can be purchased? For those of us that might be interested in the knowledge, but don't need a certificate.

Thanks, in advance.

Tim

Yep Tim, it's ""Tree Risk Assesment Manual" 2nd Edition

Thanks a bunch for this answer. I've been missing the updates to this thread, until now.

Tim

Back