Chevy 3500HD 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Kenny Sanchez

Treehouser
My first diesel truck, any thoughts, advice, is a 94 with a 12ft bed with removal metal walls. What you see in the very back is my Big Tex dump trailer.
3500hd.jpg

Never heard much good about the 6.5. Chevy diesel trucks never became popular until they came out with the 6.6 Duramax. That said, it looks to be in good shape for its age.

General diesel tips that I've picked up over the years. Keep the oil changed regularly, fuel filters once a year.

Don't waste money on those expensive fuel treatments and fuel injector cleaners. Best fuel injector cleaner is to dump a quart of transmission fluid into the fuel tank every few months. Wal Mart has Supra Tech ATF for about $8-9 per gallon, good for a year of fuel treatment. My 2001 Cat 3126 has 17,700 hours on the motor and runs smooth as silk, haven't touched the engine in years.

Cheap source for good filters is www.fleetfilter.com. I buy all my filters there, great prices. Buy over $200 and get 20% discount, which covers shipping and then some. Fuel, air, oil, hydraulic filters. I stock up about once every year or two.

Back