Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiderjack 3

Thanks for all the responses. I have adjusted the brake in a good deal and changed ropes. Both of which helped, but it was a different rope that made the biggest difference. I was using an 11.7 that really flattened out in the cam. Switched to a 12.5 that is much better at staying round and it really helped. and, as you all said, the more i use it, the better control i have.

I have been a Zig-Zag climber for a while and it really is a great device. Got the SJ3 to test and it certainly tails rope cleaner than the ZZ, but the learning curve is quite steep. So, pros and cons.

Yeah... it kinda sucks to use out laterally (when yer limbwalkin) also. Up in the PNW the clutches also wear out super fast from climbing in snotty conditions. Might not be an issue in Austin.

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Great result! That's what comes from hangin' at the 'House...
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

I haven?t spent any time with the SJ3 yet. I was opposed to the 2 because it couldn?t be installed midline, and since I use spliced eyes, that meant I had to pull all of my rope through from the unspoiled end before I could use it. Did they fix that with the 3?
    "The trouble is, you think you have time." - Buddha

Nope. But honestly, its not a big deal. rope falls through it so easily that just leaving it on the rope is fine.