Hey Everybody!

Please Choose An Answer

• Total voters
Doesn’t seem to (bear in mind I haven’t been on it for ages) Gifs on other platforms Twitter FB etc load no problem.

It does for me.
Still slow, but not unbearably so.

It is better now for me. Not perfect but better.

Good job, MB. I had quit checking that thread cuz it rarely would play.

It loads better, but it ends as usual, my pc freezes completely, almost nothing works anymore.
Actually, I found that my Firefox seems dumb : it can't manage the memory properly and it keeps active all it had previously loaded, even what is no more on the screen. Gif or many vid on youtube do the same, not enough usable memory. Firefox runs in circle, trashing its own data but keeping the useless ones. Stupid. I have to hard shut Firefox to retrieve the memory.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know anything about a browser having a memory. All of that in in the computer.

I use Chrome.

Works great on my phone now. I gave up on the gifs thread years ago. Wouldn't load on anything, even when I was using a T1 line.

In that case I need to change my vote. It use to work pretty good on my computer but I haven’t checked it lately. Sorry I didn’t realize it wasn’t for phones.

It's just that I posted every gif with a PC, so how it works with a PC was the most important part when I started it.

I would hope that it works with phones, too.

It loads better, but it ends as usual, my pc freezes completely, almost nothing works anymore.
Actually, I found that my Firefox seems dumb : it can't manage the memory properly and it keeps active all it had previously loaded, even what is no more on the screen. Gif or many vid on youtube do the same, not enough usable memory. Firefox runs in circle, trashing its own data but keeping the useless ones. Stupid. I have to hard shut Firefox to retrieve the memory.

Have you got the latest Firefox?

It used to load a bit slow for me with the old one but since I got the new one it loads really fast. Sounds more like PC problem than Firefox really.

All I know is that Firefox loads its upgrades automatically. But my pc is on windows xp3, maybe the recent softwares have some compatibility problem with the "old" systems.
Thunderbird gives me fits too, acting like Firefox with stacking unneeded memory. When Firefox turns dumb, usually Thunderbird too. Hard shutting Firefox (and retrieving plenty of memory) gives me back the hand on my pc, but not on Thunderbird which stays lost (and frost) and I have to hard shut it too. Then, reopening both and it's fine. :?
A little annoying...

I wish I could make them even smaller, but I've got it as low as it will go.

I'm glad it's working better! :thumbup:

Back