Email trouble

treebilly

Student of the Jedi. OH-7106A
Does anyone know how to retrieve a password when you can?t remember it or the time period you opened a gmail account. I can?t get my emails to my new phone and it?s only a matter of time till the old one dies completely. :X

There should be a process whereby you can get issued a temporary pswd by gmail...probably have to answer a security question (that you had to set up initially to open the acct.?)

When I have had to change a pswd that was the drill.

Adding to what Gary said, possibly just trying to log into the account will show a box with a question along the lines of "Forgot your password?". Clicking on that link would get you into the process for recovering or changing a password.

The other possibility is trying to remember if you'd written it down somewhere, so long ago.

Tim

Since my first computer I always kept a hand written list of passwords in the desk drawer. I eventually upgraded to a Notepad document saved to my desktop. But then since it is a desktop it never leaves the house and can't get lost like a phone. I guess that's part of why I refuse to get a smart phone.

Back